Mint R1200S

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

tomodan

Mint R1200S

Postby tomodan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:11 pm

Well…… This is something of a record even for me (I change my bikes a lot!)

Thinking about selling the 2006 R1200S I bought from Ian (scottie58 on here) having owned it just over a week and done about 700 miles on it!

Bottom line is that it doesn’t “fit” me very well and I am getting all sorts of aches and pains riding it so I am going to go back to what I know and get another GS (have had 5 so far)

It is quite high mileage (53,000) BUT has full service history (almost all main dealer) and has just had a bottom up restoration / refresh including all new paint, fully re-built ohlins suspension, deep clean, any worn / corroded parts replaced and a few tasty extras added

The bike is mintier than a mint thing and Ian bought it just over a year ago with the sole intention of doing it up as a winter project as an homage to the HP2. He did an amazing job and it really does have to be seen to be appreciated. I went on a 450 mile round trip to see my dad over the fathers day weekend and had more comments about this bike in 24 hrs than all of my previous ones combined! One person even asked if I was running it in!!!!! (hadn’t seen the numberplate)

Rather than me list off what he did it will be easier to have a look at the blog he wrote while doing it here:

http://iansr1200s.blogspot.com/?m=1

The headlines are:
2006 R1200S
3 Previous owners
53,000 miles but…
Brand new paint in correct BMW HP2 white, black and violet/blue
Ohlins (with rare remote preload adjuster) re-built by MH Racing (google him, a well respected suspension guru in the south west who I have also used in the past)
Immaculate paint everywhere (engine, frame paralever, bodywork)
Subframe, pillion pegs and a few other bits powder coated
New Brembo front disks
MRA double bubble screen + original
Heli Bars + originals
Remus down pipes
Y piece
ZARD end can + original
Pillion seat and single seat hump
Heated grips

Ill get some pics taken tomorrow after a clean but is hasn’t changed since the pics in the blog

I am after what I paid for it which is a bargain £4000 firm

Roy Howard

Re: Mint R1200S

Postby Roy Howard » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:11 pm

is this still for sale ? (or have you changed your mind again?)

where are you ?

Roy

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”