Wanted - R1200S or R1100S Boxer Cup

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

roadburner

Postby roadburner » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:29 pm

Big Tav wrote:I can't believe after all this waiting for a R1200S the perfect one just popped up on eBay. Boxer cup colours and a Sport when I just bought a BMW 2 days ago! :(

so what did you get in the end?

Big Tav

Postby Big Tav » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:27 pm

I bought a TL1000R but that isn't going to work for me so I bought a K1200R too. It arrives on Thursday. Always the way isn't it?

roadburner

Postby roadburner » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:04 am

i absolutely loved my K1200r, apart from when the gearbox decided to lunch itself. common problem around 12k miles apparently.when i took it apart it's an engineering fault as the dogs on 6 just don't engage enough due to the groove on the selector drum not giving enough throw. so it kicks out and then bends the selector fork. obviously this only affects a small fraction of them , as most people don't have issues.
other than that it really was stunning, and so much more comfortable than the BCR. just buy an accelerator thingy that adjusts the fuelling around town which transforms the low speed running.
I'll get a K1300r at some point in the future. especially as the new r1200rs panniers look like they'll fit. the sports ones are useless as you can't get anything in them.

Robinyuill

BCR question

Postby Robinyuill » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi there. I've followed this thread and wondered if anyone knows approximately how many Boxercup Replika's are out there. I've only seen a couple including my 54 plate about but never been able to get an accurate number. I liked the comment about a mint bike owner not selling. It would break my heart if I sold my one. Thanks, Robin.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:05 am

Someone quoted around 70 of the RWB ones for the UK?

How many miles have you done on your one now, Robin?

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Big Tav

Postby Big Tav » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:13 am

roadburner wrote:i absolutely loved my K1200r, apart from when the gearbox decided to lunch itself. common problem around 12k miles apparently.when i took it apart it's an engineering fault as the dogs on 6 just don't engage enough due to the groove on the selector drum not giving enough throw. so it kicks out and then bends the selector fork. obviously this only affects a small fraction of them , as most people don't have issues.
other than that it really was stunning, and so much more comfortable than the BCR. just buy an accelerator thingy that adjusts the fuelling around town which transforms the low speed running.
I'll get a K1300r at some point in the future. especially as the new r1200rs panniers look like they'll fit. the sports ones are useless as you can't get anything in them.

Hi mate, thanks for the reply. What's the accelerator thingy? Do tell!

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:36 am

There are 3 or 4 levels of fuel augmentation now available - a brief overview:

Basic:
Accelerator module - a (usually) fixed resistance, inline with the air temp sensor - to fool the fuel injection that the temperature is lower than actual. This richens the mixture under all operating conditions.

Half-way:
Techlusion unit - This adds fuel under different conditions, and can be "tailored" by the rider. Best set up on a dyno, to get the A/F ratio as close to ideal as poss.

Power Chip
Think this was the first mod - on the scene, back in 2003-ish. Basically a different chip to suit a free-flow exhaust and air filter.

Power Commander
Fuel mapping - which can increase or decrease fuelling according to requirement. Best set up on a dyno, but there are generic maps available from the Dynojet site. Latest versions (PC5) can map individual cyls and also be set up with an Auto-tune unit.

Remapping
There are a few facilities available for this - which is the most elegant solution. (Hilltop Motorcycles and JHP Racing to name two). Overwrites the maker's map and in some cases - is undetectable by the dealers (other than possibly - a better A/F ratio than standard (lean)

Al :)
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Robinyuill

Postby Robinyuill » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:33 pm

Hi Blackal. It's embarrassing to admit I've only done 11000 miles since 2004.
I'm lucky that I have always had an everyday bike to use. Still get the desire for S1000 or a K1300, the Motorsport edition! Expensive tastes!

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”