*SOLD* R1200S for sale

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Anvil77

*SOLD* R1200S for sale

Postby Anvil77 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi there,

I'm looking to sell my R1200S. I think it's the best bike I've ever owned and still love it but it appears a long term right knee issue is getting worse and riding it is becoming increasingly less comfortable and even at times impossible.

It is a 2007 registered model with ABS and full factory fitted Akrapovic system. There is approximately 18300 miles on it and it has a full BMW service history.

It also has :
BMW heated grips
BMW panniers which I believe are quite rare
BMW head covers
Helibar risers (I don't have the original)
Aftermarket Carbon Rear Hugger
Aftermarket tinted double bubble screen

The front mudguard is stone chipped and I have a new one primed and ready for colour matching and fitting.

I would be happy to include a BMW branded battery/trickle charger that plugs in the accessories socket that I use and I have the original screen somewhere too.

I was thinking it must be worth circa £4800 but would be happy to discuss sensible offers or take advice. I would also be happy to make it available for viewing or send on further detailed pictures to anyone interested.

I'm based in the South London area.

Last edited by Anvil77 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

colm cummins

Full service history

Postby colm cummins » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:49 pm

Hi Anvil,
Sorry your riding enjoyment is failing due to your knee problem. Is the 18000 Mls service done or due please. Is it the 190 or the 180 rear tyre?
Sold my R 1200 s last year and still wonder why.
kind regards
Colm Cummins

Anvil77

Service & rear wheel

Postby Anvil77 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:20 pm

Evening Colm,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I wanted to make sure I got details right so waited till I had the paperwork in front of me.

In answer to your questions :

No, it hasn't had its 18000 mile service yet. It is actually booked in for it on 21st March at my local Motorrad Dealer. I can see it's going to be a major one so I would be happy to have that done before selling it for peace of mind on both mine and the buyers side. I could bring that forward no problem at this time of year.

The rear wheel is a 180. New tyre on the rear just shy of 3000 miles ago, new one on the front 60 miles ago.

Hope this all helps.

Cheers, Stuart

colm cummins

Postby colm cummins » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:51 pm

Looking forward to getting my leg over this at the weekend :D

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”