R1200S for sale...

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

3narf

R1200S for sale...

Postby 3narf » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:13 am

Hello

I have an '06 R1200s which I'm going to sell. I bought it for a 170-mile daily commute which it does extremely well, returning 54mpg and easily doing the miles on a tankful.

However, commuting that distance on any bike, on a busy motorway, is a miserable affair, so I have to admit defeat with this one. I'd love to keep it for occasional runs up to the hills and beyond but with a young family I can't really justify it...

Anyway, I bought the bike last year with 12000 on the clock; it's now done 20000 but has had a full service and oil change last September (I think it was) so it does have a full service history, BMW dealers up to the last one at Peter Hammond in Cirencester.

I haven't had the brake flange recall done yet (can't get Gloucester BMW to ring me back) but I do have the letter.

Front tyre has plenty of life left in it but rear has squared off a bit due to the almost exclusively motorway miles.

It comes with fitted subframe and panniers, head protectors, spare key, V5 etc etc.

It's the 'standard' model without Ohlins shocks or the wide back rim. I'd say the condition was good; it has been used in all weathers and there's the usual erosion and a couple of stonechips but nothing too bad.

I was thinking £4000 is a fair price; anyway, let me know if you're interested by PM or email to awmccutcheon@talktalk.net . I'd rather offer to knowledgeable enthusiasts before putting it on eBay...

I'll upload a few pics shortly or I can send them by email.

Thanks, Andy

3narf

Postby 3narf » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:32 am

Pics can be found here. Thx

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/3narf/library/R1200S

Image[/img]

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”