R1100S with rare and tasty bits (now with pics)

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

tanneman

R1100S with rare and tasty bits (now with pics)

Postby tanneman » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:01 am

Just a heads up that I have decided to sell the R1100S. It does not get used. I have owned this machine for over 8 years, 9 next March. Interested buyers can message me on here with their offers.

Description:

2005 55 reg R1100S, Silver, with sport suspension (no centre stand as standard). Mileage is 22688. Current MOT till next year. Tool kit fitted, optional extra when ordered. No ABS as standard. Service history by BMW and regular oil changes by me. Suspension was reworked and serviced by MCT. I have made and fitted a gear indicator as described by buzzzz (do a search on here and pelican). Telelever is shortened by 10mm. Pilot Road 2 with lots of tread left. Li-ION battery so needs a C-Tek charger not Optimate. BCR mirrors fitted and carbon fibre infill plates from BMW to close the mirror mountings. Most expensive CF bits I have ever bought. Rear footrests was removed and misplaced in house move but searching for a set to fit. It is not perfect and has been used to do all sorts and what a joy it was. Little bit of corrosion underneath the engine and a few scrapes on the tail fairing, bugger.

Price is £3500 ONO, £4500 ONO with the bits listed below.

The following is available at extra cost.

Panniers rails and touring panniers with inner bags.
Currently fitted to the bike is a 2 into 2 Laser race exhaust. I have aftermarket baffles that fit the pipes. You are definitely not getting this on the cheap, I searched for over 6 years to find one. Made available to the race teams and available from Laser directly.
To compensate for the fueling for the exhaust it is fitted with a PC III previously fitted to a bike gus was playing with. Also after lengthy search.
K&N air filter.
Lennies inlet duct.
Unpainted belly pan with brackets. Same as BCR but fibreglass copy. Not fitted to the bike.
Wunderlich R1100S stand.

The seller has first refusal and if the top price is not met these bits will be removed before collection. There are other spares I have collected over the years and these will be available on here as and when I have time to advertise. All neatly stored away.

'Let me check my concernometer.'

tanneman

Re: R1100S with rare and tasty bits (now with pics)

Postby tanneman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:08 pm

Bump.

sjrainsford

Postby sjrainsford » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:44 am

Would you be interested in selling the panniers and rails separately? If so do you have a price?
2001 BMW R1100S (Merecat)
2008 Vespa GTS300 (Bianca)

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:31 pm

First refusal goes towards the buyer and then I have another person that has expressed an interest in the panniers and rails. Thank you.

sjrainsford

Postby sjrainsford » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:33 pm

tanneman wrote:First refusal goes towards the buyer and then I have another person that has expressed an interest in the panniers and rails. Thank you.

Ok, thanks. Good luck with the sale. Looks a lovely bike.
2001 BMW R1100S (Merecat)
2008 Vespa GTS300 (Bianca)

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:50 pm

Very , very, clean bike. In real terms, compared with modern bike prices that must represent great value for money.

Well done for keeping it in such fine fettle.

Good luck with the sale.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Thank you. But that is very easy, just don't ride it. It starts on the button with the choke on. Most reliable bike BMW built.

KeithW

Postby KeithW » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:50 pm

Hi Tanneman, Nice bike, same colour as mine. Can you tell me where you got the tank protectors from ?
Good luck with the sale.

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:25 am

Hi, thanks for the comment. It is stompgrip but they don't do a design for the 11S. Order one for the Honda SP2/SP1. One of the best things to make riding any bike a lot better as you can clamp the tank with the knees and keep the body in position without siding around on the seat when you brake or accelerate.

KeithW

Postby KeithW » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:55 am

tanneman wrote:Hi, thanks for the comment. It is stompgrip but they don't do a design for the 11S. Order one for the Honda SP2/SP1. One of the best things to make riding any bike a lot better as you can clamp the tank with the knees and keep the body in position without siding around on the seat when you brake or accelerate.

Thanks for the info.

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”