BMW 'small' topbox.

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

milleplod

BMW 'small' topbox.

Postby milleplod » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:28 am

This is the smaller (28ltr?) of the two that BMW did, its not had a lot of use really. It has the padded backrest fitted (£40-odd quid!) and an as-new genuine BMW inner bag, complete with carry strap....that cost me around £70 I think. My ST's been written off in France so I'll be listing a few bits and pieces while I'm recuperating in the sun in Spain! I have the original plastic key to go with it. Item no. 263715594674 on eBay will show you what it looks like. Oh, it was in the garage at home when I got wiped up, so it didn't go down the road with me!

£175 delivered, but I can't sort it out till I'm back in the UK on 8th June.

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

The Teutonic Tangerine

Re: BMW 'small' topbox.

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:09 am

Sorry to hear that My first ST was also written off - in 2013. There's only 178 left registered - so presumably that falls to 177 with yours gone.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2 ... MW+R1200ST

Hope you recover soon.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

victorlaszlo

Postby victorlaszlo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:27 am

The Teutonic Tangerine wrote:Sorry to hear that My first ST was also written off - in 2013. There's only 178 left registered - so presumably that falls to 177 with yours gone.

Hope you recover soon.

100 more R12S have been disappearing than ST :O Some might have been converted to trackbikes but probably ridden harder than ST's so more accident prone.

What happened in France?

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:17 pm

victorlaszlo wrote:
The Teutonic Tangerine wrote:Sorry to hear that My first ST was also written off - in 2013. There's only 178 left registered - so presumably that falls to 177 with yours gone.

Hope you recover soon.

but probably ridden harder than ST's so more accident prone.

You've clearly not been on one of our Club rides out :D - my ST and now RT have no Chicken strips on the rear tyre - on a recent trip to Wales I was leading a ride out of 14 bikes and still managed to run out of markers including KTM 1290, KTM 1290 GT , R1200GS LC, BMW S1000.

I reckon your guess of track bike is more likely the cause of disappearing R1200S's :D :D
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”