2001 R1150RS for sale

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

oppy

2001 R1150RS for sale

Postby oppy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:24 pm

Ive realised that my BMW riding days are now over, although I'm still in my late youth (72) and despite extolling the virtues of the cannabis based stuff that I am using, with abuse the old arthriticals kicked in big time and after a rather painful 100 mile run yesterday I feel that I must face facts that it is too big and heavy for this daft owd sod.

Well then :- it's Pacific Blue, 36,000 miles, several previous owners and me. Colour coded BM panniers with inner bags and black BM top box, GIVI tank bag and harness (new) handlebar raiser/adjusters, MRA screen (original too), straight through exhaust system (original catholic converter system too) 10 months MoT, advisory on rear tyre, brand new set included. To be honest it does show its age in places, probably not unusual. Mechanically it's superb, the speedo read 143 on the local bypass yesterday and I am a former C&G qualified motorcycle engineer, so everything is Kosher. I'd love £2200 for it and for that I'd include the Garmin Zumo sat-nag and a camera not yet tried or fitted plus an almost new all seasons xxl jacket. I've done 3 trips to France on it and not a beat was missed. This is truly the most comfortable bike that I have ever owned and I have had bikes without a break since the very early 60s, but when it hurts getting it off its side stand I have to be sensible---------so it's for sale

£2,200

Might consider something a little lighter in part ex
If a hammer wont fix it, it's electrical :roll:

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”