Non boxer related (ish)

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Non boxer related (ish)

Postby boxerscott » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:24 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153266895563

lads, (and laddettes) My Knackers are itching for a new (to me) bike. My latest additions to the spreadsheet are BMW R9T racer S or a Ducati 899 panni. It has to happen, I am red, humongously swollen and need solace and relief from this anxiety. This burden can not be wheelbarrowed around much longer. It has come early this year, it generally happens over the festive period when family pressures increase the intensity of cutting loose and breaking free. You could ease this burden by buying my UK best example of suzukis finest or by selling me an equivalent model from my spreadsheet.

I must be mad selling this beauty... but time and tide wait for no man. 8)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

dave the german

Re: Non boxer related (ish)

Postby dave the german » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Very poetic :lol: :lol:
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:08 pm

Stopped reading at ‘my knackers’ - couldn’t quell the queasiness ................. :oops:

It IS a nice bike, though.........
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:48 am

Chose to end the listing. Putting in your phone number? good or bad? depends on how you respect the rules of ebay. I had texts and phone calls and ebay messages instantly. I have 2 would be buyers waiting, one in the hand and one in the bush. An offer fro m A has been accepted. I have not taken a deposit because I like freedom of choice and been able to change ones mind and I respect that. I am not that bothered if it does not sell, however it is a vehicle to move on and experience another bike .. exciting. Think in future I will use Auto Trader. I do not like the costs of ebay or paypal.

Cafe Chris.

Thruxton or Racer s? :?
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:10 am

I didn’t think that when you used Ebay Classified - there were any other costs (unless you choose there to be), than the £20 (app) listing fee?

Sure, you get the texts with “Will you accept £2,500 for a quick sale - Mate?” And the qualifying statement: “there are loads out there mate - at £2k less than yours, mate”.............. :roll: - but all in all, I like Ebay classified ads.

On auctions, they scan any PMs for e-mail addresses and phone numbers, but not in classified ads. You had texts etc pretty well immediately? That is because you can leave search alerts in your eBay account. Sometimes that can identify someone who is very keen on your particular bike model.

Anyway, hope the sale goes through okay - I would have omitted pics of the bike on twin stands........... it gives the illusion of it being a track-bike. :wink:

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:30 pm

You may be right about classified adds, i just ended it in fear of been clobbered by small print stuff that (ashamedly) i do not read fully, the response was positive, i`m hoping it all goes well tomorrow when they come to collect. Then all being well a new (to me)bike on Saturday.

Cafe Chris
Fiat Panda.

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”