who has ever said "this is a keeper"

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

who has ever said "this is a keeper"

Postby boxerscott » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:09 pm

A few on here have... and then gratuitously allowed others to have the pleasure. It is reminiscence of the phrase *I promise i won`t xxxe in your mouth" You say it with all the best intentions then whaaahhh it`s gone. Why on earth would any bike be a keeper? life`s short and there are so many exciting opportunities out there to try before you are history! Some will be mistakes, some will have fond memories. I am a compulsive depressive, it happens every year when the clocks fall back and only is my gloom transformed into euphoria when the Six nations kicks off. Positively I have always something to look forward to, however, in those short wet days and long dark nights a manifestation develops " out with the old and in with the new"

Yep "this is a keeper darling" was another of those awful lies. On Saturday i pick up my next "This is a keeper"

Cafe Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

PBBoxer

Re: who has ever said "this is a keeper"

Postby PBBoxer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:23 pm

i'm at least 150 bikes in to that void
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:12 pm

I agree about the Six Nations - it starts in the depth of winter and finishes in spring - cold dark to warm light. And we have the Calcutta cup (at least for a bit longer). :D

Ahem... Sorry...

I did keep my Aprilia Falco for 10 years, but even then, my better half was surprised when I chopped it in for the R12S, "I thought you said you loved it? And it was such a lovely colour." "But this one is even better. A keeper. I love it!", I said like I meant it.

I did get a Tiger 800 for long distance comfort and practicality 3 years ago, but couldn't bring myself to lose the BMW. So had it 7 years almost, and it's a keeper... Definitely...

...Though I've recently found myself eyeing up other sporty bikes and checking out their specifications. Shhh! Not a word to anyone.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:58 pm

Ah, but before we get to “this one’s a keeper”

One must endure “This is the ideal bike for what I want”

Bolstered by: “I’ve done all the research.........”

.......... :wink:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Humbug

Postby Humbug » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:17 pm

I did once try the "well you've got a new hoover!!" once......it didn't end well. :cry:
10 KTM RC8

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:45 pm

PBBoxer wrote:i'm at least 150 bikes in to that void
Aye Paul, the thread was with you in mind! :wink:

That said , i did indeed pick up my next "Keeper" what a thing of beauty, i do not care if i even ride the fcuker. The least expensive new BMW boxer ever and the best model accentuating the boxer engine, void of the weirdly tele lever, classic looks and awesome tuning, what an aural cacophony it is. Fcuking macca dang dang. For just over £7.25 k on an 18 plate with less than 300 miles ... does it not make other new models look slightly expensive?

Cafe racer s Chris

My research is always bolstered, sometimes incorrectly!
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:30 am

Reckon by March, you’ll be called:

“Chiropractor Chris”. :lol:

Al :thumbup:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:46 pm

Im in two mids right now about having a full clear out but theyre all lovely bikes... just dont seem to be riding much at the moment

Got a lovely 2013 anniversary RT with about 9k miles
Got the HP2 sport with 6800 miles and 7 services!
Also the 1200s which i love but my back doesnt
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:19 pm

Blackal wrote:Reckon by March, you’ll be called:

“Chiropractor Chris”. :lol:

Al :thumbup:
Reckon by march i will have not ridden it, or the other, at all. I have been eyeing up paddock stands , fenda extendas, oil cooler and engine front casing guards however. I do not ride as much as i ought to, Next year i am going to try to get out more. For what it`s worth , it aint my back or joints that dictate a rest/lie down it`s my bleedin bladder! 1 hour 30 minutes is time for a break on any bike for me.

Cafe Chris.
Fiat Panda.

popsky

Postby popsky » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:30 pm

boxerscott wrote:Next year i am going to try to get out more.

You could ride it to Hull for johnny5 East Yorkshire event :mrgreen:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

boylucifer

Postby boylucifer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:51 pm

I've bought my latest - http://boxertrix.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23829 (posted over in the "my other bike" section) with absolutely no aspirations that it's a keeper. In fact, there's a part of me wholly expects to hate riding it on the roads, and maybe even a part of me that hopes I don't like it - it is very pretty though.

On the other hand, the BCR is a "keeper", 11 years now, and I can't honestly see me ever selling it even though I don't always ride loads.
and the sign said long haired freakish people need not apply...

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:05 am

boylucifer wrote:I've bought my latest - http://boxertrix.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23829 (posted over in the "my other bike" section) with absolutely no aspirations that it's a keeper. In fact, there's a part of me wholly expects to hate riding it on the roads, and maybe even a part of me that hopes I don't like it - it is very pretty though.

On the other hand, the BCR is a "keeper", 11 years now, and I can't honestly see me ever selling it even though I don't always ride loads.
This is what we are talking about here. Some bikes do not need riding, there is a thing that happens when you open your garage door, a chemistry of emotion that certain bikes flux, it`s enough just to own it and look at it and anticipate riding it... plus..... the satisfaction does not go away during and after the ride.

Nice Italian you have there, hope it gives you the same satisfaction as the Cup does.

Chris
Fiat Panda.

boylucifer

Postby boylucifer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:58 pm

boxerscott wrote:This is what we are talking about here. Some bikes do not need riding, there is a thing that happens when you open your garage door, a chemistry of emotion that certain bikes flux, it`s enough just to own it and look at it and anticipate riding it... plus..... the satisfaction does not go away during and after the ride.

Nice Italian you have there, hope it gives you the same satisfaction as the Cup does.

Chris

When I say I almost hope not to like it, it's because I want to try lots of different bikes rather than stick with another one just cause it's a pretty keeper. When I started out on the thoughts of "big sports bike" this year, I was quite set on a Ducati, it was a random internet search that pushed me onto the MV, but I'd like to think I'll take a couple of summers out of it and then recycle the cash in it into something else so I can start to try some other things.
and the sign said long haired freakish people need not apply...

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”