R1100S for sale

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

tanneman

R1100S for sale

Postby tanneman » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:16 pm

For sale my R1100S in silver with the extra option of the sport pack and touring pack fitted. This includes sport suspension, 5.5 inch rear wheel, luggage racks and panniers with touring lids and inner bags. Other extras are heated grips and aux power plug for a DIN socket, tool kit and tyre repair kit, BMW R1100S tank bag with extension. Unusually it came with the rear splash guard, practical but not good looking.

Current mileage is 23510 and it is on a 55 plate.

The bike is in good condition given the use that I gave it over the years of ownership. From touring to track days. Just proof of how versatile the bike is and probably one of the best machines to leave the drawing board. The maintenance on this machine has been kept up with either me doing the oil changes or Wollaston BMW where I bought the bike or an independent when I couldn't get it in at BMW.

I'm the third owner. The first was Wollaston BMW, then another gentleman who put 4400 on it in 5 years before I bought it and instantly took it for a tour around Wales. Over the years it has become my 2nd bike, then I used it on track days, then toured on it bit and finally just a fair weather bike. It has sat in the back of my garage unused for about a year now. The battery gets hooked up to a tender from time to time and I wheel it out for a start and check every now and again.

It is a good machine but my use of it identified areas where it can be improved. So the following was done:

Swapped the fairing mounted mirrors for the handlebar mounted mirrors.
The telelever ball joint was moved back 10mm to give better steering. Mod documented on pelican parts and boxertrix.
It lacked a gear indicator and following the guidance of buzzz I made my own which helped massively with the track days.
Brake lines were replaced. Front was converted to 2 separate brake lines instead of the original 1-2.
The bike felt a bit lethargic and this was partly fixed with a Lennies air intake and K&N air filter.
I have fitted Stomp grip (Honda SP1/2 shape following advice from a forum member on Boxertrix) on the knee grip areas and this massively improved the comfort and posture on the machine.
I came into possession of a Laser Race exhaust 2-1-2 (very rare) and a Power Commander 3 USB. Duly fitted and these 2 mods transformed the bike with a crisp throttle response and pleasant anti-social symphony.
The Showa suspension was reworked by MCT not so many miles ago and it is spot on.

It picked up a few marks over the years and the photos below should point it out. There is about 1k miles extra on the bike since these photos were taken 2 years ago, but the condition is the same. Rear foot pegs and luggage rack is back on after a clean.

What pisses me off is the Wunderlich maintenance stand has marked the frame where the centre stand would normally be fitted.

Price is £4250

Location is Bedford area. No test ride unless the full asking price is in my hand in cash and a valid certificate of insurance is provided. Your casual riding other mates bike on your fully comp insurance doesn't cut it with you liable for the damage caused to the bike or other property.
'Let me check my concernometer.'

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Re: R1100S for sale

Postby Paul » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:12 pm

Very nice clean looking bike you have there.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

big rob

Postby big rob » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:41 pm

One the cleanest 1100ss i've seen in a long time. As the rear light surround needs re-painting, I'd be tempted to transform the bike into this :D :
(rarer than BCR's in the UK) Good luck with the sale.
Attachments
$_57[1].jpg
$_57[1].jpg (287.8 KiB) Viewed 6360 times
$_20[1].jpg
$_20[1].jpg (137.31 KiB) Viewed 6360 times

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:19 pm

Thanks.
'Let me check my concernometer.'

tanneman