Wanted: Kitten

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Wanted: Kitten

Postby slparry » Fri May 08, 2020 10:56 pm

Apologies for the none bike related advert.

Yesterday my ginger tomcat, Simba, had to be put to sleep as he had cancer. Those who know me well will know that Simba was my best mate. Followed me around like a dog. Sat with me constantly. The house is now a house not a home.

I have another younger, female, cat and I'd like to get another tomcat kitten to keep her company.

Can everyone put the word out to see if anyone knows anyone who may have some kittens, another ginger tom would be awesome, but I'm not fussed on the colouring, but I do want another tom cat

I don't mind travelling (especially as there's talk of things being eased a bit)

Thanks guys
Steve

PS this was Simba in typical pose

simba.jpg
simba.jpg (143.04 KiB) Viewed 8813 times
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

BoxerCup R

Re: Wanted: Kitten

Postby BoxerCup R » Sat May 09, 2020 4:39 am

Hi Steve, Sorry to hear about your Mate, Simba but hope you get a new Pal very soon.

I'l ask around.
All the Best
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

big rob

Postby big rob » Sat May 09, 2020 7:07 am

Hi Steve,
We are sorry to hear of your loss.
Pets bring so much into our lives.
Take care,
Rob & Gail.

Al

Postby Al » Sat May 09, 2020 7:35 am

Sorry to to hear you have lost your best mate Steve and fully understand how hard their loss is, not everybody gets cats, but they(& dogs) become such a big part of your life. I know you said kitten but have you thought about a rescue cat, we have had a few over the years and all of them have settled really well, I know you are a bit more rural than us but I can’t remember the last time I saw kittens advertised here.
I hope you can find another mate and look forward to the photos, stay safe and hopefully we might eventually be able to get a beer together somewhere before winters back!!

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Sat May 09, 2020 8:03 am

I'm sorry to hear about that !!

I have always had a love affair with cats , and have shed a few tears when they have left this world.

I'm sure that you will get one soon, my daughter got a brother and sister from a kitten rescue shelter in Hereford, a few years ago.

They are two of the most loving domesticated cats I've ever seen.

As you say , a house is just a house until a cat moves in, then you have a home .
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

slparry

Postby slparry » Sat May 09, 2020 9:12 am

Al wrote:Sorry to to hear you have lost your best mate Steve and fully understand how hard their loss is, not everybody gets cats, but they(& dogs) become such a big part of your life. I know you said kitten but have you thought about a rescue cat, we have had a few over the years and all of them have settled really well, I know you are a bit more rural than us but I can’t remember the last time I saw kittens advertised here.
I hope you can find another mate and look forward to the photos, stay safe and hopefully we might eventually be able to get a beer together somewhere before winters back!!

Al.

Hi Al

The only reason I wanted a kitten was I have an existing cat and experience has taught me that kittens integrate where adult cats fight.

When I first got Simba he squabbled with the three existing cats I had as he established his kingdom. Two of those cats left home as a result, I'd hate for that to happen to my remaining cat.

The existing cat, Poppy, is very independent and spends most of the day out hunting mice in the local barn, so I only see her in the evening.

Over the years I've found tom cats more friendly hence why I want another tom.
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sat May 09, 2020 1:00 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss Steve. You're right about having pets around the house - I cannot have a cat as I'm allergic to them. Would love another dog but it just wouldn't be fair on the dog or practical
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sat May 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Al wrote:Sorry to to hear you have lost your best mate Steve and fully understand how hard their loss is, not everybody gets cats, but they(& dogs) become such a big part of your life. I know you said kitten but have you thought about a rescue cat, we have had a few over the years and all of them have settled really well, I know you are a bit more rural than us but I can’t remember the last time I saw kittens advertised here.

Al.

Sorry for the thread hijack Steve

If there cannot be a get together before Winter would anyone consider a Winter social? Just a thought
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sat May 09, 2020 1:03 pm

dave the german wrote:

Al.

Sorry for the thread hijack Steve

If there cannot be a get together before Winter would anyone consider a Winter social? Just a thought

Might get a good deal with hotels wanting trade
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Al

Postby Al » Sat May 09, 2020 5:34 pm

Never really had any integrating issues when introducing a new moggie, we usually have 3-4 at any one time but they are generally female which may make a difference, Sue has always had a special cat, always black, it’s a bit like the Stephen king film pet cemetery, they look the same but very different character!! unfortunately we lost the latest version recently so only two at the moment. Once a cat allows you to own them they do leave a big hole when you lose them.
Hope you find one soon.

Al.

P.S Yes Dave I would be up for a winter Social, hopefully you will have singlehandedly saved the bog roll shortage by then :D
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sun May 10, 2020 3:47 am

Al wrote:Never really had any integrating issues when introducing a new moggie, we usually have 3-4 at any one time but they are generally female which may make a difference, Sue has always had a special cat, always black, it’s a bit like the Stephen king film pet cemetery, they look the same but very different character!! unfortunately we lost the latest version recently so only two at the moment. Once a cat allows you to own them they do leave a big hole when you lose them.
Hope you find one soon.

Al.

P.S Yes Dave I would be up for a winter Social, hopefully you will have singlehandedly saved the bog roll shortage by then :D

The world has gone radio rental!! Bog Roll World has gone back to normal and now Tesco are doing a bog roll promotion!!!!!! :roll:
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sun May 10, 2020 9:03 am

It happens quite often where an older cat feels displaced by a new addition (not so much with kittens), and the older cat can wonder off- never to be seen again.

A kitten can be a good idea, though.

A family a few houses along, got a kitten, named it “Samson” and subsequently discovered it was a female :lol: Kept the name ‘Samson’ though. It actually follows the kids when they go for walks!
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Sun May 10, 2020 6:10 pm

Very sad to read that Steve. Absolutely right what you said about the house/home.
Some little kitten will be lucky soon. Stick a pic up when that happens!

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon May 11, 2020 9:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yvZWxLHaJA

Truth is I'm not doing well. Simba's passing has hit me hard, as hard as I imagined, and feared, and more.

I know to many "it was just a cat" but to me he was as much a partner as yours, as close as a child, a loved and cherished life form.

Dismiss it if you will but please accept that someone you know is in pain.

I'll work through this, because that's what I do. Alone. It's a lifestyle I'm used to and one that is familiar.

There are not words to express the grief I feel, it trancends any other. That ginger ball of fluff was my everything. Waking alone, living alone, sleeping alone is now joyless.
--
Steve Parry

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Tue May 12, 2020 8:30 am

slparry wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yvZWxLHaJA

Truth is I'm not doing well. Simba's passing has hit me hard, as hard as I imagined, and feared, and more.

I know to many "it was just a cat" but to me he was as much a partner as yours, as close as a child, a loved and cherished life form.

Dismiss it if you will but please accept that someone you know is in pain.

I'll work through this, because that's what I do. Alone. It's a lifestyle I'm used to and one that is familiar.

There are not words to express the grief I feel, it trancends any other. That ginger ball of fluff was my everything. Waking alone, living alone, sleeping alone is now joyless.

Be strong fella , and just keep reminding yourself that you gave a cat an amazing life .

The life the cat may have had , elsewhere does not bear thinking about .

Now you need to tell yourself, you did the best for that little bundle of fur, but your life is now needed to be another guardian for another poor little fluff bundle.

I know , its just mere words, but take comfort that there is a few more kittens , who'd be the most grateful animals in the world to have some one like you as their servant !!!

Try to look ahead , for the next one, while remembering and honouring the joy you had with Simba .

My dad always had a cat, and as one passed he'd get a new one, and called it Jinja, the name he'd called his first cat, who knows how many Jinja's he owned , but in his way , it was always Jinja ...

Be strong mate, I'm tearing up here thinking of my late dad .
Old man ... now .

Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”