Not a BMW (NOW SOLD)

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

f90x

Not a BMW (NOW SOLD)

Postby f90x » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:18 am

Just on the off chance that someone is interested in something a bit different...

I love this thing. That engine is a peach and I think it's an amazing looking bike but I'm just not built for it. I like my touring when I can and even just a day out i'll do up to 200 miles and I'm too creaky for this these days. I did take it on a 2500 mile trip to the Guzzi factory last year with the help of an Airhawk seat pad, and although it was fun, it's not something I would do again so it has to go.

With comfort in mind, The R1200S shall be up for grabs soon as well. Just have to replace the ignition switch as the unit under the key with the micro-switch has failed and BMW don't have any in stock!

•Two owners
•8500 miles
•FSH
•12 months MOT
•Datatool S4 Red fitted from new by supplying dealer
•Bestons grips (originals supplied)
•Pyramid plastics hugger
•Genuine Guzzi flyscreen
•Shown with peg lowering kit but not included.

I bought this from the first owner at one year old in December 2017. He had used it for a mere 1500 miles and then decided to go sailing instead.

A late model with factory ‘roller tappets’, the engine is fabulous with grunt everywhere and makes for a very enjoyable ride.

It’s in great condition. It has recent Pirelli Angel GT2’s (my new favourite tyre) fitted at 5500 miles just before I took it on a 2500 mile trip to Italy via the Swiss Alps last year for the Moto Guzzi Factory ‘Open Weekend’

I changed the oil just before I left for Italy and I had the famous ‘Baldrick’ (Guzzi guru) give it a full 6000 mile service on my return, (at 7800 miles) to include greasing the swing arm bearings as they are notorious for not having enough grease from the factory. All Griso’s need to have this done.

I changed the front brake pads for EBC HH at 2500 miles as the originals weren’t strong enough for me.(they might have been glazed over by the previous owner. They were appalling) Otherwise it’s completely standard. The only bike I haven’t wanted to swap the exhaust on as it sounds great already.

it’s a fantastic bike but I like to do distance and as I’m a bit creaky it’s not so comfortable for me to spend all day on it. A reluctant sale. It was to be a keeper.

Still in use so mileage shall increase slightly.

£7800 ono
Bike is in Beaconsfield, Bucks for viewing.

MORE PIC HERE: https://www.flickr.com/photos/95362936@ ... 976704112/

ImageIMG_7069 by Steve Timson, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7072 by Steve Timson, on Flickr
Last edited by f90x on Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R1200GS TC. Triple Black
R1200S. It’s gone. Had it 11yrs. My favourite bike in 42yrs riding.

Holdsworth professional
Motobecane C3
Brompton

BoxerCup R

Re: Not a BMW

Postby BoxerCup R » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:11 pm

I do like the look of the Guzzi engine, always have tbh and that bike looks lovely. Not for me but GLWTS :thumbleft:

Did you do a write up on here of your trip to the Moto Guzzi factory ?
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

f90x

Re: Not a BMW

Postby f90x » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:23 pm

BoxerCup R wrote:I do like the look of the Guzzi engine, always have tbh and that bike looks lovely. Not for me but GLWTS :thumbleft:

Did you do a write up on here of your trip to the Moto Guzzi factory ?

Yeah, it's a beautiful thing alright. No, I didn't do a write up. I always meant to but I didn't take many Photo's (virtually nothing really) and my video footage was spoiled so I lost interest. I visited Turin on the way home and stayed in one of the hotels that is now inside the old Fiat factory though, and if you ask nicely they give you the key to go and wander around on the roof of the building which is the old test track and was used in the famous scene in the 'Italian Job'. It's just incredible that they allow you up there unsupervised. You are literally left to your own devices. I took some video of that. It was great. I was grinning the whole time, I had the place entirely to myself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us1biO0JFys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2mLL-3eSwA
R1200GS TC. Triple Black
R1200S. It’s gone. Had it 11yrs. My favourite bike in 42yrs riding.

Holdsworth professional
Motobecane C3
Brompton

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”