R1200S Akrapovic exhaust wanted

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

popsky

Re: R1200S Akrapovic exhaust wanted

Postby popsky » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:14 pm

A remap could be by Hilltop but there’s a fair bit of dought about exactly what’s been done although I’ve spoken to people who are really pleased with the result. Rexxer do a good remap but good luck finding a technician in this country, you could go piggy back ala power commander, personally I just fitted the spoofer chip to the air box and it’s been on for 10+ years, no performance increase but if you want performance you’ve chosen the wrong bike. Oh forgot to say those that have had a power commander seem to get terrible fuel economy and I mean really bad.
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Dids

Postby Dids » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:23 pm

Cheers Phil, that's all good to know.
Think my main concern was for the fuel mix not becoming so lean that it might cause damage.
You mention a Spoofer Chip, by that do you mean a Booster Plug?

popsky

Postby popsky » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:31 pm

Yes booster plug, no performance gain but just made the first gears seem smoother, I kept the exhaust sensors in and as said no problems in 30k plus miles.
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Dids

Postby Dids » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:26 pm

OK I might give the Booster Plug a whirl then.
Just out of interest are you using high octane fuel?
I used to have a R1200GSA a decade or so ago and one fine day I put 99 octane fuel in by mistake. A couple of days later I noticed that at low revs, around town, it was pulling much more smoothly. Ever since then I've put that stuff in my BMW twins.

popsky

Postby popsky » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:45 pm

Generally no as when I fill up i have my wife’s bike as well, so on the odd occasions I have used the higher octane fuel I haven’t really seen or felt any improvement, but to be fair for the amount of miles we now ride I should fill the 12 with the good stuff, and thinking seriously with the advent of E10 then I shall give the good stuff more of a go. Talking of which my car is meant to run on E10 (European made) defiantly runs better on my local Texaco E10 than Tesco E10, still lost mpg but better than the cheap stuff. I haven’t tried high octane in it.
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Humbug

Postby Humbug » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:39 am

In the owners manual you lose 10% of the power if you use the lower octane fuel. Something to do with the anti knock sensors. I always try to use the good stuff but don't worry too much if I have to use lower octane now and again.
10 KTM RC8

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”