R1200S for sale

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Man-of-Mystery2

R1200S for sale

Postby Man-of-Mystery2 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:38 am

Moderators, please see the note at the foot of this posting. Thanks.

You may remember ‘Captain Black’, my R1200S, although I have been missing from Boxertrix for so long that I had to re-register! Well, I am going to have to sell it, and this seems like as good a place as any to do so.

There’s a picture of the bike online at gm4uls.wordpress.com/2011/11/bikes17.jpg - further pics available on request. bookseeker{at}blueyonder.co.uk

The bike was registered in 2007 for management use at BMW Bracknell, but was given up to John Clark Motorrad with only about 100 miles on the clock; I bought it, and have effectively been the only regular owner. It has done just short of 12,600 miles, but due to various circumstances very few of those have been recent; for instance, for the last three years I have been working/studying full-time at the University of St Andrews, and it has only been ridden to the local MOT centre and back.

About 300 miles ago it had a complete suspension rebuild by ERS Racing at the Knockhill circuit. It is fitted with an HPE exhaust (HP2 style) that gives a lovely exhaust note; the slim belly pan that fits round the exhaust is by Ilmberger, and is carbon fibre. Other carbon fibre items are: tank centre, front mudguard, fairing nose & screen, engine front cover, injector covers, cylinder head covers, and hugger. I don’t think Ilmberger make many of these parts any more -correct me if I’m wrong – so they are rare. Also the clutch and brake levers were bought from Ilmberger.

Buyer collects. I would throw in a paddock stand and what original parts I still have, if any purchaser would come with a trailer. This sale would suit someone in Scotland, as it is garaged in Perth, but I’m open to approaches from anyone who is interested.

Like most BMWs of this era, it could do with some of the bolts replacing with stainless steel ones.

I hate haggling – it’s kinda against my religion – and I’m looking for £5,500.

Genuine reason for sale. I need a slightly lower bike, so I’m trying to get money together for a Bonneville Bobber. Yes, I’m going to become a Promenade Percy!

Anything else you need to know, please get in touch. bookseeker{at}blueyonder.co.uk

Moderators – there appears to be a browser problem. When I click on the “PLEASE READ…” message, I can’t see any text. So any infringement of rules is unintentional. I have based the advert on someone else’s on this board. If there is a problem, I hope the mods will get in touch.

drunkenmunkey

Re: R1200S for sale

Postby drunkenmunkey » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:58 pm

Hi, have aent you a PM sir.

Man-of-Mystery2

Postby Man-of-Mystery2 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:57 pm

Hi. It's not showing up, but I've replied to your email. :)

Man-of-Mystery2

Postby Man-of-Mystery2 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:07 pm

Now gone to a good home. :)

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”