Extended range fuel tank.

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Pete.

Extended range fuel tank.

Postby Pete. » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:55 pm

I have an extended range fuel tank for sale. this was made by myself and used on my bike for a short while. It fixes to the standard mounts and fits in every way except that you have to modify the battery carrier so that the ECU lays flat instead of standing up because the extended tank fits in the space normally occupied by the ECU and ABS pump.

This tank will hold approx.. 25 litres filled to the very brim. I actually drilled a vent hole in the filler neck of mine so I could get that extra liter in the space at the top.

Depending on your style of riding it will get you up to 250 miles of range, with the fuel light coming on at around 180-190 miles (I imagine slparry would stretch it to 300 going by his consumption figures). If you ride in town or heavy traffic, it's going to be a bit less, I commute in heavy city traffic so I get about 230 miles from it.

Obviously, this will only fit non-ABS bikes as explained above.

£150 plus post or collect in person from N Kent. If you collect in person and bring your battery tray I'll do the adaption for you. If you bring your old tank, I'll swap all of the internals over for you too and if you want I'll drill your filler nack so you get every last bit of range.

Pete.

Carts

Re: Extended range fuel tank.

Postby Carts » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:50 pm

Hi been looking for one of these for a while.

I’ll send a pm

Pete.

Postby Pete. » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:08 pm

SOLD to Carts.

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:55 pm

Carts wins the 'rare as hen's teeth' award for this year :D

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”