"How To" Forum

What do you think of the site? Anything you'd like to add? Please let us know.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

ianbcr

"How To" Forum

Postby ianbcr » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:15 am

hello chaps,what about a "How To" section where members take pics and notes when they do a mod or repair on their machines,so as to help other trixters out if they are having problems doing the same task,dont know if this has been sugested in the past,but it would free up the other forums as the boxertech and boxerspex forums,seem to be Q asking for answers to problems,might be talking b******s but i thought i would suggest it.
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:57 am

Hi Ian,

That's really what Boxertech is intended to be, but I take your point that it does get filled with lots of questions so it's hard to find stuff if you are searching through all of the posts one by one.

We do have a rather spiffy search facility on the top right hand corner of each page which allows you to search for specific terms in specific sub folders. That's always a good way to locate relevant threads quickly.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

simon

Postby simon » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:21 pm

...can the "this search is too soon after the last one" be removed, the wait period be specified / reduced?
Simon, now with a third
Yellow '98 R1100S
(..a bit more gimpy tho' [smilie=crutch.gif])

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:55 am

Simon,

I've just had a quick through the admin settings and I don't see any parameters I can tune for that... :cry:

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:02 pm

Paul wrote:Simon,

I've just had a quick through the admin settings and I don't see any parameters I can tune for that... :cry:

Paul

Agreed - I see we can adjust the time between successive postings but nothing else.

simon

Postby simon » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:23 am

Cheers...
'Cos the first thing I do if a search finds nowt.. is try again!
If wait time/timeout (not necess. countdown.. could be tricky I realise) could be shown that would save stab in darks!
Simon, now with a third

Yellow '98 R1100S

(..a bit more gimpy tho' [smilie=crutch.gif])

Return to “Over to you...”