Bling Bling! Boxerlass's S

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Harry

Postby Harry » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:17 pm

Paul / Pauline - perhaps I can help.
I'm seeing Paul on Sat and will probably be in N.Yorks (95%) during next week. ?
Pauline - if interested, pm me a phone number so I can reach you when I'm away from the pooter.

Harry.

Boxerlass

Postby Boxerlass » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:41 pm

Harry
Thanks for the offer of help, but N.Yorkshire is some way from us (Lancashire) and I dont normally ride during the week (Sunday blaster :roll: ). You dont intend to be up at Pately Bridge on the 14th by any chance do you (Days Out)? I am tempted to meet the others up there, but haven't consulted my man yet on the matter!

Thanks again
Pauline
Girls just wanna' have fun!

Harry

Postby Harry » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:52 pm

I don't expect to still be there on Sunday.
If there's a known Biker pub at Pately Bridge I guess I could leave em behind the bar for you to collect...
Harry.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:13 pm

Harry,

No panic. I'm sure Pauline can wait another couple of weeks for me to head north. Thanks for the offer.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Boxerlass

Postby Boxerlass » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:28 pm

Paul wrote:Harry,

No panic. I'm sure Pauline can wait another couple of weeks for me to head north. Thanks for the offer.

Cheers,

Paul

Agreed, but thanks anyway Harry - much appreciated. :wink:

Pauline

PS: Everyone is SOoooo darned nice on this forum! :lol:

Count Steer

Postby Count Steer » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:03 pm

Boxerlass wrote:
Paul wrote:Harry,

Cheers,

Paul

Agreed, but thanks anyway Harry - much appreciated. :wink:

Pauline

PS: Everyone is SOoooo darned nice on this forum! :lol:

Yer..it's not like some other places eh? :D

Erm...whaddya mean you DROPPED it?? :shock:

:wink:

julian

Postby julian » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:16 pm

Count Steer wrote:Erm...whaddya mean you DROPPED it?? :shock:

... parked on the 'short stubby' sidestand shurley?
BMW R1100S (Black)
Suzuki TL1000S (Red)

Boxerlass

Postby Boxerlass » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:38 am

Count Steer wrote:Erm...whaddya mean you DROPPED it?? :shock:

DO keep up Peter, I have already gone through the indignity of explaining all this here:
http://cgi.blackbriard.force9.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1265&start=0

Now you dont really want me to go through it all again do you? :oops: :wink:

BTW Tony dropped it as well as me - we had a really impressive first day with the bike. :cry:

I also punched a quite impressive hole in my shin when I did the dastardly deed; my first biking wound 8) .

The next day we went to a big empty car park and did an hour of Estops and Uturns (the Doc would have been proud); that seems to have cured the problem - at least for the time being :roll:

Now pay attention in future will you?

Pauline

Count Steer

Postby Count Steer » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:02 pm

Well, I did try and search on previous posts to see if anything had been said before...but it was hidden in someone elses thread! :wink:

Done any distance rides yet??

P.

Boxerlass

Postby Boxerlass » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:52 pm

Did our first Sunday blast last weekend. I rode out on the Kwak and back on the BM. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Manic grin when riding the Kwak; and a sort of serene delighted smugness when on the BM :D

Meeting up with Clare (Boxerchic) and Nigel this Sunday for another blast. Looking forward to that.

Nice having bikes that are 'all grown up' :wink:

Pauline

PS keep meaning to ask the moderators - are those rocker covers at the bottom of the page for sale by any chance! :?

Count Steer

Postby Count Steer » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:58 pm

Boxerlass wrote:Did our first Sunday blast last weekend. I rode out on the Kwak and back on the BM. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Manic grin when riding the Kwak; and a sort of serene delighted smugness when on the BM :D

Meeting up with Clare (Boxerchic) and Nigel this Sunday for another blast. Looking forward to that.

Nice having bikes that are 'all grown up' :wink:

Pauline

Serene delighted smugness....I like it! :D

Is it anything like you imagined it would be to ride?

I organised a suvvern hack round the lanes (and twice through the watersplash :shock: ) a few weeks ago - got about 15 turned out. (Went out the day before on the 'barge' just to check the route - it sailed majestically through the watersplash - but didn't leave much water in it :D

The GS just romped through without even getting the pegs wet.

Have a good weekend. :wink:

Boxerlass

Postby Boxerlass » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:30 pm

I couldn't really imagine what it would be like to ride TBH. Owning the Priller 125's it was sort of beyond my imagination.

I find it very powerful and I just love that slight throttle twist that leaves all the cars behind. Find it vibrates quite a bit, but we knew about that before getting it.

Main worry is that it is very heavy for me. I notice the weight on coming to a stop, and moving it back into our garage.

First time out I dropped it on a right hand junction - did all the wrong things, trailed both feet, didn't give enough revs and didn't even try to feather the back brake. So I got my just desserts! :(

Also first time out Tony dropped it when coming to a stop at a junction, it just overbalanced. That wasn't a good biking day. :oops: :cry:

Anyway, lesson learnt/water under the bridge etc and very little damage luckily. Hopefully we have both stopped dropping it now! :roll:

I love the bike on the open road; it feels like a real bruiser and gives me a lot of confidence with it's handling abilities. Also find it surprisingly flickable. Heated grips are a delight and the positioning is comfortable. The flat twin sounds great (a throbbing rumble??)
No regrets so far and enjoying getting used to it.

Let us know when you are next in the North, Tony and I would both love to meet up with you and Di again.

I'll always remember our run in the Lakes which you led. You were a cool s*d with your GS in front, elbows out, not a care in the world; hardly changed gears if I recall, and there was us frantically cogging up and down on the Prillers! :wink:

Pauline

Count Steer

Postby Count Steer » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:48 pm

Boxerlass wrote:I couldn't really imagine what it would be like to ride TBH. Owning the Priller 125's it was sort of beyond my imagination.

I find it very powerful and I just love that slight throttle twist that leaves all the cars behind. Find it vibrates quite a bit, but we knew about that before getting it.

Main worry is that it is very heavy for me. I notice the weight on coming to a stop, and moving it back into our garage.

First time out I dropped it on a right hand junction - did all the wrong things, trailed both feet, didn't give enough revs and didn't even try to feather the back brake. So I got my just desserts! :(

Also first time out Tony dropped it when coming to a stop at a junction, it just overbalanced. That wasn't a good biking day. :oops: :cry:

Anyway, lesson learnt/water under the bridge etc and very little damage luckily. Hopefully we have both stopped dropping it now! :roll:

I love the bike on the open road; it feels like a real bruiser and gives me a lot of confidence with it's handling abilities. Also find it surprisingly flickable. Heated grips are a delight and the positioning is comfortable. The flat twin sounds great (a throbbing rumble??)
No regrets so far and enjoying getting used to it.

Let us know when you are next in the North, Tony and I would both love to meet up with you and Di again.

I'll always remember our run in the Lakes which you led. You were a cool s*d with your GS in front, elbows out, not a care in the world; hardly changed gears if I recall, and there was us frantically cogging up and down on the Prillers! :wink:

Pauline

Sounds great! The vibes might settle down - my Boxer has got a lot smoother and revvy as it approaches 12k miles.

The size and weight thing - when I got the GS - for the first few weeks I thought 'Strewth, this thing is like manouevring an oil rig'! Had a few 'near-whoopsies'. But, with time and practice and confidence - it just sort of err...shrunk and got lighter. Trust me...it'll happen. (Not sure that it'll ever be quite like that with the LT though :shock: - which I've slo-mo'd to the ground twice at 0 mph!).

The last few times out - with Di on the back - I've flicked it in and out of traffic - filtering for a few miles between M11 and A1 - and tootled round some tricky lanes. Di says everything's a lot smoother and can sense the confidence...which is nice.

It's taken a year and I'm still rather cautious about wheeling it around the drive/car port etc - it still weighs a fair bit!

Still love it - every time I hop on - BIG grin. :D

Hehe...the S does sound nice...especially with Laser pipes on. :lol: Still want one...and a K1200S and a........lol.

T'would be nice to meet you both again...have to get the calendar out.

Hey ho...see you in Boxerbanter....until they rumble I'm a fraud... :wink:

Say Hi! to T. :D

Return to “Boxerpix”