boxer race Oschersleben

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

popsky

Postby popsky » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:49 pm

Droptarotter wrote:Hey Gus.......that's a lot of work you have done to the race bike, but I have to ask.......why not just get an HP2?

Cheers

Not trying to answer for Gus but after meeting him and seeing his previous projects, buying an HP2 sport probably would have been too easy [smilie=bike.gif]
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

gus

Postby gus » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:24 pm

Hello all
Dropatrotter,. Phil is partly right , I really enjoy the process of modding bikes and I can't really leave things in a standard condition for long. Also the cost of a HP2 sport at this moment and the fact that I would have to still change things to race it made it not viable at this moment. I already had the 1200s and with selling standard bits I don't need , has helped with the cost. I think my bike will be pretty close to a HP2 sport by the time I have finished. The rider is the one who needs working on most and is definitely the weakest link!! :lol:
Tannerman. I,m doing 3 rounds, which equals to 6 races(2 races over 2 days a round) so a bit more than a shakedown test.. The races are strictly privateer events, although there are some teams who have a little backing. There are also some with large budgets and some on a shoestring(me being one :lol: ).
Boxadog(Bob). At first chris had been doing his best to put me off the idea of racing my bike!!! :lol: All to no avail!! When he realised I was not going to listen to his wise words and was plowing ahead anyway, he has been very helpful and supportive :lol:
All the best
Gus

Droptarotter

Postby Droptarotter » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:24 pm

Hey Gus, I was just curious and your reasons make sense........I spent 10 years racing an Airhead, mainly because I loved the old bikes and had a spare one sitting around!

Hey, have you put the RT A-arm on the bike?
That will definitely help on the turn in, and no stability issues at top speed either!

If you do happen to get the chance to either ride or purchase an HP2, do it.......it is a huge leap above the 12S for a track bike.

Good luck and have a safe season.

Cheers

gus

Postby gus » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:40 pm

Hey, have you put the RT A-arm on the bike?
That will definitely help on the turn in, and no stability issues at top speed either!

If you do happen to get the chance to either ride or purchase an HP2, do it.......it is a huge leap above the 12S for a track bike.

Good luck and have a safe season.

Cheers[/quote]
Hello
A RT A arm is on its way. :D
I know that if I did swing my leg over a HP2 sport I would have to have one!!
That's why I have not taken the opportunity to do so yet!
:wink:
Let's see if BMW create a HP boxer with the new wet head motor.
Regards
Gus

Droptarotter

Postby Droptarotter » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:54 pm

If an HP or a sport Wethead comes along.....I will have the 12S up for sale!

The HP2 is one of my all time favourite bikes, so that one will be hard to pry out of my hands.

Cheers

omg1010

Postby omg1010 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:14 am

gus wrote:Hi all
A quick update on what i have done to the race bike.
new brembo 4 pad callipers
new radial master cylinder
ABS stripped out and new hoses fitted
HP2s handle bars and top yoke
HP2s fuel tank
Old switch gear replaced with a simple start/stop switch
Awaiting body work and a quick action throttle.
tannerman. I may come to bedford. All depends if i have bike completed in time.
all the best
gus
ps still looking for a HP2 s seat.

Hey gus,

just a quick question about the Brembo P4. I have the same on my R12S but they where modified in order to fit. These P4s where used on a number of bikes ranging from Ducati to Aprilia (Mille) and others. But to my knowledge they are not "plug-n-play" ... What did you do in order to fit them? And which brake-pads you use? I am using the ones from the BMW S1000RR ....

Brgds
Oliver

P.S. here is mine

omg1010

Postby omg1010 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:16 am

gus

Postby gus » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi Oliver
I got the the calipers from Germany. They were intended to be used on the power cup bikes. The one mounting hole is drilled offset to allow fitment to bmw forkleg spacing.
I used the supplied brake pads , bmw s1000rr , same as you.
Your bike look great..
All the best
Gus

omg1010

Postby omg1010 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:21 pm

OK so you got them from WITEC just as I did. That was a limited edition and now much sought after ... simply not existing any more. I was one of the last to get a set ...

Brgds
Oliver

Return to “Boxerpix”