The Replaced 1200ST - Raised Handlebars.

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

The Teutonic Tangerine

The Replaced 1200ST - Raised Handlebars.

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:44 am

Some of you will remember that I sold by Mandarin R1100S and bought an ST you may also remember that I was Tee Boned about 5 weeks ago. So here is the replacement. (the Luggage came off of the old one which was Black / red but I think it goes with teh two tone silver OK.

This one has lots of trinkets on it but only had 10600 miles when I picked it up on Saturday in now has 11000 miles and counting.

Image :D :D
Last edited by The Teutonic Tangerine on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Dai wiskers

Postby Dai wiskers » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:54 am

I have to admit to liking them you can't see the front when you're riding and it scares children away when parked up
My bike shines when it rains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dyslexic Dai

Steptoe
http://www.gsshop.biz/

Dan Cata
http://boxer-upgrades.webs.com/

Lennie
http://www.boxer-performance.com/index.html

eyore

Postby eyore » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Lovely clean bike. Panniers look perfect. Please sort out those paving stones. :shock: :)
2009 Triumph Speed Triple
2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:34 pm

look out the Irish contingent are lining up with a tarmac offer ;)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

eyore

Postby eyore » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:10 pm

slparry wrote:look out the Irish contingent are lining up with a tarmac offer ;)

Arf, arf................. :lol: :lol:
2009 Triumph Speed Triple

2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:18 pm

In reply: 1) Did you not see the tasteful headlamp mask in an attempt to make the headlamp look smaller. 2) The paving stones have been down 15 years. With the patio and those around the pool it would mean taking up 750 slabs and relaying them - be my guest if you fancy doing the job for free. You could also re lay the cracked driveway whilst you are at it. Fnarr Fnarr :D-
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

conkerman

Postby conkerman » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Nice.

I can see myself with one of those if I go wholly to 2 wheel commuting.

How is the weather protection??
Gary

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:05 pm

conkerman wrote:Nice.

I can see myself with one of those if I go wholly to 2 wheel commuting.

How is the weather protection??

I've gone totally 2 wheel commuting, my car is now on a SORN and an Oxymiser. Last year MOT to MOT I did 2000 miles in it as the Funduro is much better for the commute, does 3 times the mpg, and can filter in traffic, and is light years better in snow and ice than a 330Ci BMW :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

bikesnbones

Postby bikesnbones » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:54 pm

I got one of the stainless front of engine cover for my R1200C.
The guy was selling them on ebay up till a year or so ago,
Good bit of kit

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:56 pm

eyore wrote:Lovely clean bike. Panniers look perfect. Please sort out those paving stones. :shock: :)

Those paving stones are perfect compared to mine - petrol and days out seem to take precedence over garden cosmetics
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Ruffy

new bike

Postby Ruffy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:42 pm

That's a very nice looking bike TT,did your insurance pay out as you wanted? :)
ruffy

Phil Thomas

Postby Phil Thomas » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Nice one...I,ve also just bought a 1200ST. My immediate impressions...not quite so user friendly at the bottom end, but goes like stink when wound up. The balance shaft certainly makes a difference at the top end. The biggest surprise...63 mpg on the first tankful!!! makes me wonder if the odometer is correct.

Must be running on fumes, but has to be the most underrated of all the Hexheads.

Regards to all,
Phil Thomas

conkerman

Postby conkerman » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:36 am

What length of commute do you do out of interest, mine is a almost completely a motorway slog, so the boxers really suit, I don't fancy going all the way to an RT and my legs are too short for a GS.
Gary

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:46 am

Ok Loads of questions.
Weather protection is good especially with the tall screen. MPG I hav e only filled this one up twice but the previous on I had done about 6k miles and was getting an average of 57mpg across all riding. My commute is 46 miles each way, About 15 miles B roads the rest dual carriageway but of that about 12 iles of solid filtering, if its cold and wet I use a car. The Sump guard was fitted by previous owner the S/Steel crud plate I fitted and is still available via E-bay. My insurance actually paid out slightly more than I'd paid for the bike 6 months earlier and I kept the panniers. I had to supply them with adverts justifying how much I was claiming. the seat eight has two positions and teh handlebars have three positions. My bars are as high as they go but I believe you can move them above teh yoke as you acn on the R1100s My seat height is set to low as I found on teh high setting I was taking more weight on my wrists. I may consider moving the bars above the yoke if the brake hose is long enough (I don't want to hav eto bleed teh ABS servo system as its only just been done. BTW I bought from Nightingales in Rugby they had knocked £200 of their initial asking price and thats what I paid but they included: Two new tyres of my choice, a new Gel Battery and a full service including oil, Plugs, filters and Brake fluid change so I don't hav eto do anything for at least 6000 miles. :wink:

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:23 am

First week of riding after 660 miles since picking it up I thought I'd better have a squiz at the Oil level sight glass.

Oh bugger its not showing any oil. I had to add 0.5 litre. I had a little think and decided that this oil usage is down to:

Well over half the milage has been motorway milage in high air temperature and the bike has only done 11000 miles.

I know that my old R1100S used oil until it had done over 20k so I am putting this oil consumption down to newness of the engine and evaporation via the crankcase breather.

Anyone else used more oil than normal this week?

Return to “Boxerpix”