Your mancave/womanshed/garage. Lets see em

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

el-nicko
Location: Nick from HEREFORDSHIRE, The Oceanian province of Airstrip One.

Re: Your mancave/womanshed/garage. Lets see em

Postby el-nicko » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:35 am

HerrFlick wrote:

Noooooooooooooooo!!!

Away wi ye. :shock:

:?

Mr. Spock is my role model so be advised; I possess no (discernible) sense of humour.

It's all VFR (DCT) round here now. STILL missing my 1100s tho.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:38 am

This is my mancave - not bikes of course but it's my first love anyway...

eyore

Postby eyore » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:44 am

Don't see why not .Nice bright airy space for bikes, that carpet might have to go though. :)
2009 Triumph Speed Triple
2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

HerrFlick

Re: Your mancave/womanshed/garage. Lets see em

Postby HerrFlick » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:59 pm

el-nicko wrote:
HerrFlick wrote:
Noooooooooooooooo!!!

Away wi ye. :shock:

:?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flvJNw7heDo at 0:20 - 0:45 secs.

Priceless.

Still working on my non-Oz accent for my next encounter wi Mr. Plod (Yeah yeah - Sun will burn out in 3 billion years and all that) but it will be fun trying.

[smilie=taz.gif]

Real torque curves don't have a first derivative. :-^)

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:34 am

Ha- I am not posting pictures of my Garaging facilities. L:ast Time I posted a picture of me doing anything in it I got a flood of replies saying that it could do with a sweep up and a new floor. Well since then it's only got worse. I only have a wooden framed asbestos garage with concrete floor which is cracking and erupting so I had to put down plywood and carpet to stop losing nuts and bolts down the cracks and now the frame as has got wood worm.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

eyore

Postby eyore » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:37 am

The Teutonic Tangerine wrote:Ha- I am not posting pictures of my Garaging facilities. L:ast Time I posted a picture of me doing anything in it I got a flood of replies saying that it could do with a sweep up and a new floor. Well since then it's only got worse. I only have a wooden framed asbestos garage with concrete floor which is cracking and erupting so I had to put down plywood and carpet to stop losing nuts and bolts down the cracks and now the frame as has got wood worm.

2009 Triumph Speed Triple

2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

D Man

Postby D Man » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:19 am

Anyone know the number of R1200S produced for the Euro market?
I understand just over 400 were imported to the US. My son just bought one from an older gent in Georgia. It's a black beauty and I want one!
Cheers
D Man
Trying real hard to keep it legal.

01 R1100S Frost Blue

HerrFlick

Postby HerrFlick » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:38 am

Gromit wrote:This is my mancave - not bikes of course but it's my first love anyway...

That's not a concert flute is it Gromit? Looks too long. Oh wait: an alto.

U must have good lungs to be playing that.

:)

(Galway - my hero).

f90x

Postby f90x » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:36 pm

D Man wrote:Anyone know the number of R1200S produced for the Euro market?
I understand just over 400 were imported to the US. My son just bought one from an older gent in Georgia. It's a black beauty and I want one!
Cheers
D Man

I believe 400ish came into the UK and I think I'm correct in saying that there are 310 left. The others having been sold back to mainland Europe or thrown down the road. This should really be posted in Boxerbanter.

el-nicko
Location: Nick from HEREFORDSHIRE, The Oceanian province of Airstrip One.

Postby el-nicko » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Gromit wrote:Image

I saaaay, that pic rings some bells. I used to have a similar collection myself but it also included a bugle. A previous girlfriend, who was also a musician, would often drop by to blow on my horn before giving a virtuoso performance on my upright organ. Happy Days. Diiiing Doooong. :roll:

(With apologies to Leslie Phillips) :wink:

Mr. Spock is my role model so be advised; I possess no (discernible) sense of humour.

It's all VFR (DCT) round here now. STILL missing my 1100s tho.

popsky

Postby popsky » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:56 pm

The Teutonic Tangerine wrote:Ha- I am not posting pictures of my Garaging facilities. L:ast Time I posted a picture of me doing anything in it I got a flood of replies saying that it could do with a sweep up and a new floor. Well since then it's only got worse. I only have a wooden framed asbestos garage with concrete floor which is cracking and erupting so I had to put down plywood and carpet to stop losing nuts and bolts down the cracks and now the frame as has got wood worm.

This post is worthless without PICTURES :wink:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Perhaps I need a bigger garage, or fewer bikes. The R80RS is in it's own little workshop :)

--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Herb

Postby Herb » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:30 am

Here is mine. Needs a good tidy out, and unfortunately I have to share it with the wife's car and white goods, plus the kids bikes, wellies etc so it's more of a family-cave.

********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:29 am

HerrFlick wrote:

(Galway - my hero).

No - just a normal Flute, a Yamaha 311 in this case. Bought it in a moment of madness. After 30 years playing the Clarinet professionally, I decided to have a go at teaching myself the Flute - just for fun. All I'll say is it's a good job the nearest neighbours are over 30 yds away. :D

HerrFlick

Postby HerrFlick » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:06 am

Gromit wrote:
HerrFlick wrote:

(Galway - my hero).

No - just a normal Flute, a Yamaha 311 in this case. Bought it in a moment of madness. After 30 years playing the Clarinet professionally, I decided to have a go at teaching myself the Flute - just for fun. All I'll say is it's a good job the nearest neighbours are over 30 yds away. :D

Funny how life goes.

My Mum had her Letters from Trinity College at age 14 (1931) as was a magnificent pianist.

Sadly she had not a clue about teaching and made my brother and me (10-12 yo) hate music lessons. Got as far as the Volga Boat Song when she gave up on us.

Over the years I'd rued that day many times over, but found myself in a situation with my wife's discarded flute and my determination to learn an instrument.

So 'flute' it was.

Had various texts on embrochure and fingering etc, along with lots of dirgy exercises blaaah blaaah but nothing to which I could relate.

Then I found "Rudiments of Music", 101 Hits for Buskers, and one of James Galway's music cassette / folo. (Magic flute? Golden flute?)

Laborious hours of 'pffft pfaaarrrt tweet fooot' in striking my first sustained note ... and so on.

Note by note I built up recognisable bars and so on to where I could play by ear for fun (eg Killing Me Softly, Traumerei) Big mistake.

OK.

The cassette recorder was next to worn out from replaying Galway's tape a thousand times over as I listened to The Master demonstrate the subtlety and nuance of a particular phrase.

Neighbours: harr: my lovely dog at the time seemed to like my tonguing exercises: t t t t t ... and he would lie beside me and howl. Proper head back jaw up wolf howl. Lips formed into a tiny circle. The more I t.t.t.ed the more he broke into the 'wooo woo woo wooooooo' howl.

I kacked myself laughing so much that I couldn't continue.

Idea: move him away of of earshot: so I tied him up at the far end of the property (50 metres), and began. "Woo roooo arrr rooooo arrrrh howwwwlll". Yeah right. :)

How could you not love him?

Anyway I've not played for 30 yrs but keep promising myself to have my flute re-silvered and re-valved for 'one day'.

You know how it is.

Return to “Boxerpix”