A few new carbon bits..............well sort of.

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

eyore

A few new carbon bits..............well sort of.

Postby eyore » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:54 am

Some gratuitous pics of my favourite bike of all time :oops: In addition to the real carbon hugger, front fairing ,tank centre panel,seat infills,and front engine cover I have been forced by these recessionary times to resort to fake 4d carbon wrap, diy and costing the grand sum of £12.00

Did the front mudguard and rear light in addition to the four BMW roundels inspired by Rooloo and his red and white badges. It looks pretty good with a semi gloss appearance though I say it myself and perhaps shoulden't.

2009 Triumph Speed Triple
2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:25 pm

Looks good, anyone I know though paid to get it done professionally. Was it difficult to do? I didn't hear any screams wafting up on those south westerlies :lol:

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

eyore

Postby eyore » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:03 pm

nab 301 wrote:Looks good, anyone I know though paid to get it done professionally. Was it difficult to do? I didn't hear any screams wafting up on those south westerlies :lol:

Lol, not really too difficult Nigel, just takes patience and a bit of judicious and gentle heat with a hairdryer on tight two dimensional shapes. I imagine one woud get pretty good at it with practice. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rate the job at a 9.

2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

Corvus

Re: A few new carbon bits..............well sort of.

Postby Corvus » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:50 pm

eyore wrote:Some gratuitous pics of my favourite bike of all time :oops: In addition to the real carbon hugger, front fairing ,tank centre panel,seat infills,and front engine cover I have been forced by these recessionary times to resort to fake 4d carbon wrap, diy and costing the grand sum of £12.00

Did the front mudguard and rear light in addition to the four BMW roundels inspired by Rooloo and his red and white badges. It looks pretty good with a semi gloss appearance though I say it myself and perhaps shoulden't.

BMW roundels for a BMW car "hub caps"? Look exactly like mine.

eyore

Postby eyore » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Well having researched the options , the flea bay hub cap centres were a perfect fit as you so rightly say. But having got carried away with my "carbon" wrap I decided to experiment with the existing badges and they are perfect, so flea bay bits are unused. :roll: Also the small logos on top yoke and rear of seat were a different size so the same technique was used.

2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

Return to “Boxerpix”