race bike

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:58 am

Blimey, #58 is well over. Scott redding stuff.

gus

Postby gus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:03 am

tanneman wrote:Ah dammit. Absolutely gutted for you. Well, at least you had fun and enjoyed the race. It will be better next time. You have to learn the tracks and sort the bike out. You will be faster, no worries. Are you going to try aftermarket rods and pistons gus?

Hi
i need to get a complete engine to start with. I will see what parts are salvageable when i start stripping down the blown motor. I will build new motor over the winter using performance parts , i.e lighter rods, pistons etc.
i want to try and get bike sorted for hungary round in september if possible.
all the best
Gus

gus

Postby gus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:07 am

Blackal wrote:Sorry to hear that - the RH cylinder appears to be a weak-point.

Well done for not losing it alltogether.

Al

hi
Thanks.
Normally valves on RHS cylinder which let go. When i strip the motor i will post photos of damage.
all the best
Gus

gus

Postby gus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:10 am

popsky wrote:Sounds like a great event Gus, all bar the last bit :shock: still if you are still smiling and have such enthusiasm after your bike broke good on you. I suspect that some engine work or some such is underway as I type this, and if your gonna proceed then the Boxercup people must be the best place to be.
Take care m8, maybe see you sometime soon :D

Hi phil
its a setback that all. my enthusiasm is still very much intact, unlike the con rods!!!! :D
will try to sort out a motor before hungary round if possible.
all the best
Gus

gus

Postby gus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:12 am

Corvus wrote:Blimey, #58 is well over. Scott redding stuff.

Super monos which race with us. Carry so much corner speed , they don't seem to ever shut off or brake!!!!
gus

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:16 am

gus wrote:
Corvus wrote:Blimey, #58 is well over. Scott redding stuff.

Super monos which race with us. Carry so much corner speed , they don't seem to ever shut off or brake!!!!
gus

Ha ha. Now that sounds like fun.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:37 pm

Gus, cracking pics and bad luck with the engine. Is the Hungary race the last one for you this year if you get the engine sorted?
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Droptarotter

Postby Droptarotter » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:23 pm

Gus;
Great shots and write up. I always found it was good to go quite slow......like public road pace the first few laps of a new track to try and spot braking markers and turn in spots.

Also.......whenever someone crashed in front of my I always aimed for the rider/bike.......that way when I got to where he was.....he was gone.....kinda hard to get your mind into that at first, but I never hit a downed rider.

So much to learn, so little time.

Sorry to hear about the motor........it's just a race setback and as shitty as it is, that's what you have to be prepared to deal with when racing.

Would like to see pic's from the "Wall of Shame" broken parts.

Keep the spirits up!

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Gus , pity about the engine.... if you're stuck I could lend you a good 1100 engine , a few h/d cable ties and ratchet straps I'm sure would see you through one race :oops: Hope you get sorted soon, was in a similar situation in the 80's with a "budget" race car , it took a lot of time and money to get sorted :cry:

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

gus

Postby gus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:10 pm

nab 301 wrote:Gus , pity about the engine.... if you're stuck I could lend you a good 1100 engine , a few h/d cable ties and ratchet straps I'm sure would see you through one race :oops: Hope you get sorted soon, was in a similar situation in the 80's with a "budget" race car , it took a lot of time and money to get sorted :cry:

Hi Nigel
That just might work!!! :D
Will see what the damage is when I strip the engine.hopefully just need a case and bottom end..
Gus

gus

Postby gus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:15 pm

dave the german wrote:Gus, cracking pics and bad luck with the engine. Is the Hungary race the last one for you this year if you get the engine sorted?

Hi
Yes . Pannioring are my last races this year. Hopefully I will get engine sorted out in time.
All the best
Gus

gus

Postby gus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:21 pm

Droptarotter wrote:Gus;
Great shots and write up. I always found it was good to go quite slow......like public road pace the first few laps of a new track to try and spot braking markers and turn in spots.

Also.......whenever someone crashed in front of my I always aimed for the rider/bike.......that way when I got to where he was.....he was gone.....kinda hard to get your mind into that at first, but I never hit a downed rider.

So much to learn, so little time.

Sorry to hear about the motor........it's just a race setback and as shitty as it is, that's what you have to be prepared to deal with when racing.

Would like to see pic's from the "Wall of Shame" broken parts.
Hi
I just looked where I needed to to make the corner. The crashed bike was sliding to the outside, I was heading for the inside.
Learning every time I go out on track.
Mechanical breakdowns are all part of the game.
Will post pics of engine when I strip it.
All the best
Gus

Keep the spirits up!

Mitch1100

Postby Mitch1100 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:02 pm

Great photos Gus, thanks for sharing :wink:

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:24 am

Don't know if you know gus but the other thing that tends to go on these engines when ridden hard is the little pushrod for the valve rockers. Get a few of them for spares. Easy enough to change.
'Let me check my concernometer.'

Fw190

Postby Fw190 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:57 pm

Hey Gus, mate... that's bad news. perhaps we should crowd fund your engine build? Get a Boxertrix paint job and away..

let me know if you need anything to help out.. I know a good engine guy in the UK (ex BMW) who could sort the motor for you.. well, I could ask anyway

cheers

Ty

Return to “Boxerpix”