Sold Out !

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

eyore

Sold Out !

Postby eyore » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:50 pm

Unfortunately they were sold out as the price was 2/6 a gallon, mind you It may have been slightly past its sell by date..

2009 Triumph Speed Triple
2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:28 pm

Very nice.

How's the 1100s going? Still liking it? Ever miss the 1200?

Al :)
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

eyore

Postby eyore » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:39 pm

The R11S is fine thanks Al, behaving itself beautifully after the injectors were replaced. I do like it very much, is just such a complete and well rounded bike if that makes any sense, ok its a bit underpowered, but it really does inspire confidence with its predictable handling.

Oddly enough I don't miss the R12s,the Aprilia is far more exciting to ride, has better handling and is the perfect antidote to the R11S,chalk and cheese .There is something utterly addictive about a big V twin. I don't know how many times I have had a shed full of bikes (generally 3) and I always tended to ride the favourite and not the others. With the current pair its the first time I have the mix right.

2009 Triumph Speed Triple

2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:28 pm

Eyore,

Your 1100S is a stunningly good custom paint job. Whoever designed and did that got it spot on. Very distinctive and suits the bike admirably.

f90x

Postby f90x » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:34 pm

I'm surprised that pump is left outside. That's quite a few quids worth. I really fancy that Aprilia of yours.
R1200GS TC. Triple Black
R1200S. It’s gone. Had it 11yrs. My favourite bike in 42yrs riding.

Holdsworth professional
Motobecane C3
Brompton

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:46 am

Quote "Unfortunately they were sold out as the price was 2/6 a gallon, mind you It may have been slightly past its sell by date.. "

On the subject of the price of petrol

I'm still using a red 2 gallon "Pratts" petrol tin with brass cap and original cork washer to get the petrol for my lawn mowers - it costs about a tenner to fill up - However, the price stamped in the metal on the top of the can is 3/- making it 1 Shilling and 6 pence a gallon (about 7.5p) so not sure how old the can is.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Return to “Boxerpix”