2 German tanks....

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Herb

Postby Herb » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:30 pm

I think the ST was so close to being 'right' looks wise, but miss my an inch, might as well be a mile.

I don't know how the engine compares to the 'S', but even with a balance shaft the 1200s is more vibey than the 1100.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:15 pm

I (like to) think the ST's grown into its looks over the years - it was certainly an oddball when I bought it, but it doesn't look quite so out-of-place as it used to! :lol: The slightly-older-tech also appeals - servicing it myself is a piece of cake (no ABS), parts are cheap-ish, and it does everything I want it to....I can't think of anything I'd replace it with really. :)

I've recently fitted a pair of....wait for it....Nankang Roadiac WF-2s ( :shock: ), £130 direct from the importer in Holland, more as an experiment than anything else - I can report that they feel no different to the Pilot Road 2s I took off! Mind you, they're only £140 a pair now..... but I needed to know what no-name tyres felt like! :lol:

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:31 pm

Blackal wrote:I think it's well-documented on this forum, that the ST is an overlooked model, that fits the "sports-tourer" slot - very well.

(You have to admit thought- it is the ginger-haired step-child in the BMW family........ :wink: )

It's actually less-shonky than the VFR 800 to be honest........

Al :)

Speaking of VFRs - a shot of the ST and my mate's VTEC just prior to setting off somwhere or other. The ST definitely has the edge in looks methinks! :D

[img][img]http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo208/milleplod/WP_20150610_0011_zpsjtgkvnu7.jpg[/img][/img]

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:46 pm

that's brillant :lol:

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Just so I can post another picture - We went on a Picnic yesterday (10 of us from my local bike club went to Thetford Forest) and if your going on a picnic - take a picnic basket :P (photo was at home before we set off)

There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:05 pm

You just need matching wicker panniers now! :lol:

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:38 pm

milleplod wrote:You just need matching wicker panniers now! :lol:

Pete

Steady on chap its not quite a basket case yet :thumbup:
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Return to “Boxerpix”