M-U-S-T resist

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Paul, slparry, Gromit

slparry

M-U-S-T resist

Postby slparry » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:48 am

I so want one of these and having it parked across from my desk is doing my head in :)
Attachments
r9t-racer.jpg
r9t-racer.jpg (85.63 KiB) Viewed 11625 times
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

SP250

Re: M-U-S-T resist

Postby SP250 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:07 am

Would you ride it as often as you ride your Boxercup?
If so, look the other way.

Or trade the cup in for it and use it much more...................
John M

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:17 pm

Steve,

Give in now - save the sleepless nights and brain turmoil. It's inevitable, get it done for '17' reg....

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:27 pm

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:44 pm

If it's as much fun to ride as the scrambler I had for the day last year, the R12S days might be numbered. I'll see if I can blag a go when the weather picks up. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I really like it.

fontana

Postby fontana » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:38 pm

Aesthetically, I can see the appeal, but as a machine to ride, is going to be any more accomplished than the 1200S ?

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:51 pm

fontana wrote:Aesthetically, I can see the appeal, but as a machine to ride, is going to be any more accomplished than the 1200S ?

Possibly not, but she sho' is purdy :love4:

Mike
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:43 pm

I must confess, out of all the new bikes on the market , I like this one best of all .
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:09 am

fontana wrote:Aesthetically, I can see the appeal, but as a machine to ride, is going to be any more accomplished than the 1200S ?

Hands up - I'm shallow, and aesthetics are important to me. The bike I had most fun riding, ever, was an F800R that I borrowed for the day, when the R12S was in for a major service. When grinning from ear to ear down twisty country roads, I wanted one, but when parked up for a coffee - nah, duller than a box full of dull things... (told you I am shallow). So my ideal bike has to be fun and aesthetically pleasing, and practical... Oh, and comfy for two or three tanks full (tank fulls?) of fuel in a day. Current solution is two bikes.

But I don't think I'd be into bikes if it wasn't for aesthetics. When I was about four years old, my mum gave me a toy (Dinky probably) motorcycle, and I was hooked. But I didn't even sit on one until I was 17 and that was my BSA C15. My desire to ride motorbikes survived all these years on their looks, sound & smell alone.

fontana

Postby fontana » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:10 am

Grip Fast wrote:

Hands up - I'm shallow, and aesthetics are important to me.

Just my opinion, but I think the 12S is a better looking bike by a country mile than this.
8)

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:58 am

fontana wrote:
Just my opinion, but I think the 12S is a better looking bike by a country mile than this.
8)

And I wouldn't argue with your opinion of 12S vs this bike on looks. My 12S was the first (and maybe the only) one I've seen in the flesh. It had a price tag on it in a Triumph dealer (I was thinking of getting a Triumph), and all other bikes on show disappeared from my vision. It was love at first sight.

There in lies my shallowness - I had to be its next owner based purely on its looks. The test ride confirmed that it was also fun onboard, fortunately. And a tailpack bought a couple of months later made it kinda practical. In that order. I could be wrong, but I suspect your priorities might be (sensibly) in a different order.

... but I do think that new cafe racer is luverly. ... and I've had the 12S a long time.

slparry

Postby slparry » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:15 pm

the basic upshot of it all is we're all different with different needs, motivators and likes. Some bikes in particular are "Marmite" bikes .... the BMW K1's for example were reviled by many (personally I love them), as were the R1200C's (I dislike them but they're getting stupid money nowadays) and of course the R1200ST's have always had their fans and detractors, and that's just a few from the BMW camp.

Ultimately it's the mix and variation that makes motorcycling the interesting "soup" that it is :D
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

fontana

Postby fontana » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:41 pm

Grip Fast wrote: I could be wrong, but I suspect your priorities might be (sensibly) in a different order.

... but I do think that new cafe racer is luverly. ... and I've had the 12S a long time.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a bike based on it's looks.
I once did exactly the same when I first saw the Moto Guzzi V7 Racer.
I was sat across from the salesman at his desk signing the paperwork within 15 minutes of first seeing it.
Actually that was a great bike, that I still miss to this day.

fontana

Postby fontana » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Sorry.
I just couldn't resist

[url=https://postimg.
Last edited by fontana on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ianbcr

Postby ianbcr » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:09 pm

I brought my BCR on looks alone, never even test rode a bmw before, Saw it advertised phoned the dealer to put a deposit down, and a week later I was on a one way train ride to ride it home. As I said to Colin (Leasky) I like the 9T but all the new bikes seem so small now and at 6ft7 and 22 stone they are like mini moto`s now. :roll: :D
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

Return to “Boxerpix”