Rolled out the bike.

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Re: Rolled out the bike.

Postby slparry » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:20 am

boxerscott wrote:
tanneman wrote:OOO, very nice. Nice Carrera 4 in the back.
997 Turbo :wink: 500hp europipe,oz race wheels upgraded front brakes, cut spec, lowered. Our eldest`s... NOT MINE.

Bike,

more importantly, a mudsling is my priority as will be something for the front end. Not got the ubercool 9t looks but essentially for two up stuff I have the wethead with 125hp on tap. All the toys bar keyless ignition.

Not ridden yet, Wales trip will be first outing. The gear assist pro must be the trickest plug and play module ever judging by the videos on you tube. Really looking forward to a long relationship with this bike. It is a totally different package, (transformed by the conventional forks and wethead lump) to the old venerable R1200R.

Incidentally I was up in Dundee this weekend on a family break and saw a geezer riding an R9t of some form by the new V@A construction site. Sounded great and looked cool too. anyone on here?

Amanda is really happy with the topbox :D It has a pad too.

Thank you Steve Parry and Chester BMW for a very, very sharp Xmas deal.

Chris.

You're welcome Chris. Thanks for your business :)

The quickshifter takes some getting used to, best used when "making progress" in 2>3>4>5>6 and back down 1st to 2nd is a bit jerky cos of the gap for neutral sometimes. The biggest problem is getting used to not touching the clutch while keeping the throttle pinned or closed/trailing for downchanges. The other negative it has for me with my RT is remembering when I ride my other bikes to using the clutch again :D

However, the RT fair launches itself when the GSAPro is used.

Look forward to seeing you both at the WW
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:14 am

boxerscott wrote:
dave the german wrote: as much as I like it doesn't look like the sportiest Boxer to me like :wink:
Never said it was that Dave, "the sportiest boxer in production" I think is what I said. :wink: It has more poke than all the other wetheads. 8)

eh????
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

GRAgusta

Postby GRAgusta » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:12 pm

Looks good Chris, we'll be able to compare notes soon.

I have hired one - just the same - from IMT Bike. I pick it up last Saturday of April in Malaga, and we ride around Spain a bit before going to Jerez for the GP.

Hopefully your news of it is all good. Enjoy.
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:38 pm

GRAgusta wrote:Looks good Chris, we'll be able to compare notes soon.

I have hired one - just the same - from IMT Bike. I pick it up last Saturday of April in Malaga, and we ride around Spain a bit before going to Jerez for the GP.

Hopefully your news of it is all good. Enjoy.
Have a great time in Andalucía. The roads are amazing. Envious. Our fave destination.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerpix”