my bike

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Al

my bike

Postby Al » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:07 am

Following Gromits instructions here (eventually) is a picture of my bike, Image[/img]

2000 W reg
20,780 mls
laser and chip(a bit loud)
belly pan(made by ?)
carbon induct pipe
pyramid hugger
fender extender
locking oil filler
headlight cover
oil cooler protector (home made)
Wanted:- when I can convince the wife they are necessary, clear lenses, something to fill in centre hole in rear wheel.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:54 pm

Looks familiar - stickers are different to my 2000 SS and it looks a lot cleaner.

Silver is the best colour.:wink:

Ade
2000 R1100S Sport
1980 Vespa P125X

BMWBob

Postby BMWBob » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:07 pm

If you want something to plug the hole in your rear wheel I came across this site the other day:

http://www.users.bigpond.com/hayneskld/

Obviously not as flash as some of the machined aluminium plugs you see advertised however @ £8.50 you can't go far wrong! (or so I reckon :) ).

I've ordered one so can let you know what I think when it arrives. Regards Bob.

Al

Postby Al » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:20 pm

They look ok, as you say £45 from boxerdesign or £80+from BMW is a bit steep, but I feel it needs something just to finish it off. let me know how good they are when yours arrives.

Al
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Suzuki VanVan 125

Harry

Postby Harry » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:44 am

Bob,
I'm not sure the guy in Australia is still making these. Did you email him first?
As for quality, these are good wheel centre plugs - snug fit and keeps thedamp out. However after 2 years the enamel BMW logo fell off (rather suspiciously during a dealer service so it may have been 'deliberate'). I know there were similar problems with some US guys on Pelican a while back who also had the BMW logo come off. However the plug remains in place, does the job and now is just black.

His service is excellent. I emailed him and he was quite happy to send the goods against an order even before he got the cheque. And for that price you can't go too far wrong anyway.

harry.

Sideshow Bob

Center cap for rear wheel

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:28 pm

I can reccomend this item, I saw it on the German eBay site, and got one first class item, cost under a tenner, polished, and fits perfect, had it in a matter of days. he doesn't accept pay pal ......I just emailed him, he will give an address to send 14.50 euros to.......[I sent 15 and got 50 cents change]
I didn't like the hole in the wheel 8)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=49926&item=8028617112

Derek

BMWBob

Postby BMWBob » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:01 pm

Harry - Thanks for your comments I did email the guy first to confirm he was still in business and like you say he was happy to send one without payment. I therefore thought I'd give one a go. For the low price I was happy to pay up front. I'll be keeping an eye on that badge though :lol:

Derek - I like the one you found, must admit I've missed it on my ebay searches. Another bargain by the look of it. Perhaps I'll order one of those as well! You can never have too many bits, and they can always be sold on ebay again for twice the price :lol:

Regards Bob.

Al

Postby Al » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:26 pm

Bob, get two I will have one.

Al
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Suzuki VanVan 125

Rossy1100S

Postby Rossy1100S » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:37 am

I have also ordered one of the wheel plugs from the German guy, Axel, who I must say was very helpful in his e mails, and he also sent some "unusual" instructions on how to fix the plug into the wheel.

If any one else gets one, the secret ingredient "Spuli" that you mix 1:1 with water and apply to the O - rings on the plug is good old fashioned Fairy Liquid!

Same instructions, just send EUR 15 or £10 in your letter and he'll send the plug as soon as he gets your money.

I'll let you know when I get it.

Geoff

Rossy1100S

Postby Rossy1100S » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:00 am

:D Just thought I'd let everyone know that the wheel hub cover from Axel in Germany, arrived on Saturday morning complete with the Euro 0.50 in change, taped to a piece of card! This guy seems dead straight.

It also took less than a week to get it, which is very good.

I haven't fitted the part yet, but have offered it up to the hole in the wheel and it looks like it's spot on, just a bit tight as Axel suggested, thats probably where the washing up liquid mixture comes into play.

It is certainly well made and dead cheap at less than a tenner, I would recommend it and the guy who sells them to everyone.

Geoff

Return to “Boxerpix”