Some fun at the track

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

twodear

Some fun at the track

Postby twodear » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:19 am

This is a picture taken during my most recent club race day in April. It was a fun day and I managed a personal best, but still some 7 seconds away per lap from being competitive...must try harder!

Sheesh! sorry about the size...I can't do anything about it as this link is from the clubs website.

If enough is enough and more is better than too much should be just about right.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:33 am

Edited it for you ;)

twodear

Postby twodear » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:24 pm

Thanks Gromit
If enough is enough and more is better than too much should be just about right.

Harry

Postby Harry » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:46 pm

I recon you probably need an all black screen - a fair way cheaper than a full suit of cf.
Then stealth mode should gain you at least 7 secs a lap... :shock: :? 8)

harry

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:34 pm

impressive stuff, what are you racing against?

keep the pics going - much more fun than showroom polished driveway pics :wink:

er no offence Gromit...
2000 R1100S Sport
1980 Vespa P125X

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:24 am

Good Pic! :D

Only time my bike has been at that angle - was when I forgot to put the sidestand down :shock:

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

hjr1100s

Postby hjr1100s » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:29 pm

Sure lookin good!

I'll have my shot of adrenaline next week on a Assen track day. This time with Michelin Pilot Power instead of BT020. See if I can gain some more corner velocity :)

HJ

twodear

Postby twodear » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:22 pm

Ade B wrote:impressive stuff, what are you racing against?

keep the pics going - much more fun than showroom polished driveway pics :wink:

er no offence Gromit...

Thanks for the interest! I'm racing against tt660 powered supermonos, Ducatis, R1s and R6s, Kawasaki ZXR750s and several GP250s. This isn't a power track, corner speed is very important. Mine is the only BMW on the track for these club events but at the national series there were a couple of K1200 powercups.

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:30 pm

tt660 powered supermonos, Ducatis, R1s and R6s, Kawasaki ZXR750s and several GP250s

crikey, all similar in performance and handling then....

how you finding the S on corner speed? I would have thought that the GP250s would scream round the outside whilst you held the heads off the tarmac??

keep it up - I've only managed one (wet) trackday so far this year on the R6 and now the sun's out, I'm off camping with the wife and dog... no bikes there then.:roll:

All the best

Ade.
2000 R1100S Sport

1980 Vespa P125X

twodear

Postby twodear » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:19 am

Ade B wrote:
tt660 powered supermonos, Ducatis, R1s and R6s, Kawasaki ZXR750s and several GP250s

crikey, all similar in performance and handling then....

how you finding the S on corner speed? I would have thought that the GP250s would scream round the outside whilst you held the heads off the tarmac??

Ade.

HA! The only thing in common is that the riders are all slow. Braking deep is where the S really does well (very little front end dive you know) and will hold it's own on even relatively sharp sweepers. I've been told several times that it jumps away from a corner pretty well. But as you suggest, it doesn't like sharp hairpins. If I could ride with both feet on the inside peg I might just keep the valve covers from grinding away...it just can't turn sharp enough.

It's never put a tyre wrong though, absolutely rock solid as far as traction goes, even when a valve cover makes it into a tripod and it is spearing off at a tangent. This happened twice, once on each jug so far, and even though I lost time all it took was a weight shift and it came right back up barking for more. How cool is that!

Return to “Boxerpix”