From the S back to the obligatory moped...

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

adamski49

From the S back to the obligatory moped...

Postby adamski49 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:38 am

I'll start with the latest in the hope that less people will scroll down to the 16yr old with big hair :D

Cadwell Sept '02

Didn't even have it for a year... the fun had gone out of it.

Losing front wheel traction at a ton is not good for your health.

Brands Mar '01 - Passing poorly ridden blades, 748s and the like is good for the ego, touching the peg down around
Clark Curve gets both the marshalls and my sphincter twitching :twisted:

The third of the 75s

All I could afford after selling the 16V for a deposit on a house... great fun though :lol:

Warp speed Mr Sulu - 14 hrs from Perpignan to Cambridge including the ferry crossing. 8)
(There's that bloody exhibitionist again).

The only pic of the purple 75s (Apologies for the exhibitionist)

The first 75s - bought instead of the requested new three piece suite :twisted: ... that'll be the end of that relationship then :D

First entry into BM ownership - it took a long time for me to like this bike when all I wanted was an S.
120mph weaves were fairly common :shock: Oh I also got banned on this bike :?

A 19 yr old and a sports 600 is not a good mix and I'm not entirely sure how I survived.
Just add 16in wheels for my first 60mph tank slapper :shock:

The bike I really learned to ride on - you can't get away with snatched or sloppy gear changes like you can on a little two stroke.

Let's try a micron exhaust, re-jet it and move the needle. Now lets blow it up at 90mph in the fast lane of the A604 :cry:
Ok, put it back to standard and still go to the coast, albeit a little looser than it was a few hours earlier :)

Note high quality protective gear - dad's derri boots, standard issue jeans, bomber jacket from
Barneys on Mill Rd and a football scarf... oh and big hair :lol:
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

Harry

Postby Harry » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:27 pm

Adam, coincidently I too had a 75 and 2 75S (one red, one silver) before the 1100S. I'd have to draw the line at the purple one tho :D
Those 75S really were great bikes, smooth delivery, vibe free, unique exhaust note. Got a bit weavy on an Italian autostrada once but that was it really.

Before the Beemers I had a H*onda CB400/4 (nice, but never released in the UK I believe), RD350, and a Suz AP50 (little beauty - way better than the Fizzy over any distance greater than 100 yards. Aaah, those were the days 8) ). :lol:

harry.

stempy
Captain

Postby stempy » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:29 pm

Here's an early one of me with my brother on the back of my first real bike, a Gilera125 TG1

fraggle

Postby fraggle » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:09 pm

Sh*t I think I remember Barneys on Mill Road
(I haven't always lived in Jersey)

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:42 pm

fraggle wrote:Sh*t I think I remember Barneys on Mill Road
(I haven't always lived in Jersey)

Fraggle - You might remember Andy Lee's and Freddie Mayes as well then. Care to share your Cambridge ties?

Stempy - Someone with bigger hair than me :lol:

Adam :)
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:48 pm

adamski49 wrote:Andy Lee's and Freddie Mayes as well then.

Freddie Mayes?? Jeez - that's going back a bit. Saw my first GPz900 in there - £3199 it was. Oh..and the GPz1100 Uni-Trak (I bought one from Freddie's - what a pile of shit that bike was) with its HUGE 130/90 rear tyre - ye gods we couldn't believe a bike could have such a large rear hoop. :lol:

And the launch of the Katanas at Andy Lee's...oh happy days.

Adam - do you remember Penny, the girl who worked there, rode a 900 Darmah?

fraggle

Postby fraggle » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:14 pm

I grew up in Burwell. My first job was in big Ironmongers (Mackays I think) took the Queens shilling in 1975 and moved away till 86 when I brought a house in Ely left there in about 89. I got speeding ticket on Elizabeth way at 11:28 on 15/10/03 for which I have just recieved my summons. I was back for my Mums funeral. Still got a Sister somewhere there (we don't talk)

Thats about it. Oh I brought my first bike, a Honda CB125 (faster than my mates CD175) from Hallens or Allens in about 1976

stempy
Captain

Postby stempy » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:40 pm

Stempy - Someone with bigger hair than me :lol:

Adam :)

Sadly, no longer :cry:

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:11 pm

fraggle wrote:I grew up in Burwell. My first job was in big Ironmongers (Mackays I think) took the Queens shilling in 1975 and moved away till 86 when I brought a house in Ely left there in about 89. I got speeding ticket on Elizabeth way at 11:28 on 15/10/03 for which I have just recieved my summons. I was back for my Mums funeral. Still got a Sister somewhere there (we don't talk)

Thats about it. Oh I brought my first bike, a H*nda CB125 (faster than my mates CD175) from Hallens or Allens in about 1976

Mackays is still there, handy for the odd S/S nuts and bolts. Surely a summons from October is a bit late. As for Hallens and P.H.Allins, they've now merged and are one and the same although they still have the two showrooms, one in Chesterton Rd and the other in Histon Rd.

It's a small world this internet :)

Adam

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:15 pm

Gromit wrote:
adamski49 wrote:Andy Lee's and Freddie Mayes as well then.

Freddie Mayes?? Jeez - that's going back a bit. Saw my first GPz900 in there - £3199 it was. Oh..and the GPz1100 Uni-Trak (I bought one from Freddie's - what a pile of shit that bike was) with its HUGE 130/90 rear tyre - ye gods we couldn't believe a bike could have such a large rear hoop. :lol:

And the launch of the Katanas at Andy Lee's...oh happy days.

Adam - do you remember Penny, the girl who worked there, rode a 900 Darmah?

That's jogged the memory cells. I vaguely remember Penny - she was dinky if I recall correctly. Did you ever see the rather attractive Mel that replaced her later on? 8)

fraggle

Postby fraggle » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:30 pm

They issued the NIP last year but I explained that I have a Jersey driving licence so they can't put points on it. Wit that being the case they couldn't offer me a fixed penalty. I got summons today and am due in court on Tuesday next week. I have dropped the Judge a line and told him what I think of the time span. I will now probably get a bigger fine (they can't take my licence though)

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:01 am

All for £40 and 3 points!? It'll probably cost the local tax payer more than that. I assume you weren't doing banning speed.

fraggle

Postby fraggle » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:11 pm

41 in a 30. Normally they don't follow it up with Jersey Reg plates but it seems that they have started to now.Which means I will have to get the ferry the other way in future and avoid the Gendarme

Return to “Boxerpix”