Ok, So here's mine...

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Re: OK so heres mine

Postby Paul » Mon May 03, 2004 8:37 pm

Boxadog 2000 wrote:DOG DICK PINK IS JUST FINE!

On the dick of a dog, perhaps, but on a motorcycle :roll: ?

Paul

99T Monkey puke yellow S :wink:
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Mon May 03, 2004 8:38 pm

lol @ Paul :)

Richard - Dolphin (Tuna-friendly) blue 1100R :)

mtne

dog dick pink...... hmmm, that's a possibility

Postby mtne » Tue May 04, 2004 5:06 am

bikemad99: Most certainly, do look up TransAtlantic Bike Share, I was just in NZ for 6 weeks riding with new friends :D Come on out anytime! We've got a crew going to the BMW rallys in Colorado and New Mexico. Lots of mountain twistys to tear up. And the lowland canyons are only 15minutes out of denver ............. leading out of Golden, CO.

Darth_1100S: The headers show a bit bad in that pict, they are a bit yellowed. The wrecking previous owner had them jet coated. Even when dressed pretty, I'm known for not washing my bikes.........

As to the colour: I didn't get to choose the stock bodywork, and I do like the yellow. A local speed tripple has some very well done dog penis pink flames, I would have happily rode that :D
but a whole solid fat dog penis to ride on is out of the question! I nearly rattle can flat blacked the plastics, but a gent in Cali came to the rescue :wink:

theseadog

Postby theseadog » Mon May 17, 2004 8:40 pm

Boxadog 2000 wrote:DOG DICK PINK IS JUST FINE

Only if you are a dog's dick ! Other than that it IS the worst colour BM ever released a bike in. I've re-sprayed mine to get shot of that colour, and when it as still DDP I used to wear a mirroed visor in case anyone recognised me :wink:

Not my taste, but each to their own.

mtne : Paintjob, well I think I can safely say that you'll never park next to another S the same, not my taste, but live and let live I say :)
Cheers
PAul

Keep it sticky side down.

mtne

Postby mtne » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:01 pm

Well all ya'll get your wish, the stock bodywork will be getting put back on. :D

http://beemerpat.smugmug.com/gallery/167753

Of course that's untill I can have it done up again............
Last edited by mtne on Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bernsmartco

Postby bernsmartco » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:51 pm

Sorry to see the state of your bike, even if I don't like the color I would not wish that sort of damage on anyone. Hope you are OK from the look of the graze the bike came off worst.

Bern.
Ride safely
Bern.

gus

Postby gus » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:50 pm

What a shit!
Glad to see you are Ok though.A bit gravel rash and the like.
The nipple injuries look quite painful though!How that happen then? :wink:
gus

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:01 pm

Hi Mountain Eagle,

Nasty crash. What happened?

I notice that you have one of those Big Mak tank bags on your S. How do you rate it? Is it worth the money?

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

mtne

big mak

Postby mtne » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:52 am

The short of it, completely my fault.... I fucked up.

Overcooked a decreasing radius corner, stood it up for a runout rather that face an unknown loside off of a potential dropoff. Ended up going end over end twice, and landing on me in the process before landing in a fence. The only lost parts are the clutch resivour, switchs, clipon, and the fairing stay. Plus a little welding to do. The bodywork only scratched up except for one signal pod. I rode it 50 miles to get where we were headed for the weekend. Thats one tough bike.

As for the big mak, I like it. Of couse I picked up the whole thing for $110USD used. The larger bag is a little in your face for some people. The upside is the ease of getting to the fill lid, and the removal to take it with you. The downside is that you can't (shouldn't) lean on it, and the plastic part started to break. I'm sure glad the shelf didn't come off, as that's a powdercoated piece of stainless a friend made up for me to support the crap I'd throw in there.

mtne

Harry

Postby Harry » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:15 am

Unlucky dude! - still at least the police lady managed to raise a smile.

It's interesting in picture 5 that the skid marks (assuming their yours) start well on your side of the road. I'm no accident investigator but you must have been going at a fair pace :!:

And as usual, the subframe lugs got bust.

harry.

mtne

Postby mtne » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:39 am

Wow, it's been a while since I've logged on here. Contrary to popular rumor I haven't killed myself riding yet. Of course working in antarctia does limit the opportunity...........

And yes aparently I was going at a "fair" pace. :wink: :shock: :D

At some point when I manage to stay in the country long enough to get things fixed up it will see the road again.

mtne

Return to “Boxerpix”