Pics from Germany

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

timbox2

Pics from Germany

Postby timbox2 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:03 pm

Went into this BMW dealer called Wudo last week when I was out working in the father land,
thought id post some pics of some interesting bikes old and new they had

---------------------------

Lars1974

Postby Lars1974 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:08 pm

nice pics from the Vaterland!
thx Lars
The Power of Dreams comes true for me...
-----------------------------------------------
No more BMW just XR400R and CBR1000RR & Dark side - Buell Uly XB12X (and black is the fastest one!)

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:26 pm

Thanks Timbox2. Now we now know where the fella they presumably sacked for designing those fuggly boxer cruisers :pukeright: went to work after BMW kicked him out.... There are some "aesthetically challenged" bikes in that collection. :shock:

Did you buy any interesting bits you want to own up to, while you were in there?
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

winger

Postby winger » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:01 pm

timbox2

Postby timbox2 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:27 pm

Paul wrote:Thanks Timbox2. Now we now know where the fella they presumably sacked for designing those fuggly boxer cruisers :pukeright: went to work after BMW kicked him out.... There are some "aesthetically challenged" bikes in that collection. :shock:

Did you buy any interesting bits you want to own up to, while you were in there?

Yep true not all to my taste either, bought some white frt indicators, a K&N, and a set of nice bolts for the timing cover, I was tempted by a seat they had there,longer pillion pad and anti slip material but decided to stop before I skinted me self.

What was quite interesting was I fancied some oil cooler grills, they wont sell them, say theyve done some tests and have found they can raise the oil temp by 10 to 15 degrees which isnt good for the exhaust valves
---------------------------

BMWBob

Postby BMWBob » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:24 pm

Interesting comment about the oil cooler grills. I had them fitted to my original R1100S (25K on the clock) but have recently replaced it with a later model bike. I was planning to fit the grills to the new bike.

I'd be interested to hear other peoples thoughts on the issue of increased oil temperature :?

Regards Bob

Return to “Boxerpix”