Ok. Here's my form over the past 5 years....

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

mdouglas

Ok. Here's my form over the past 5 years....

Postby mdouglas » Mon May 17, 2004 6:50 pm

First ever bike:

move on to "dog dick pink" 11S:

11s into MOT territory etc, so decide I need a K:

decide bikes need more charisma than the K12RS delivers, so change to:

I genuinely think the Rockster is the best of all of them. I find it easier to ride hard than I did the 11S. That extra bit of lean forward required and my lack of any abdominal muscles made it harder to apply the steering effort on the S. I was sorely tempted by a Blue/White BCR but have a principle of not having the same model twice (applies to cars and bikes - life is too short to not be trying new models). When the replacement for the 11S comes, I'll be sorely tempted (unless they screw it up).

stempy
Captain

Postby stempy » Mon May 17, 2004 7:31 pm

Would have looked better with the rhododendrons in bloom :D

theseadog

Postby theseadog » Mon May 17, 2004 8:28 pm

stempy wrote:Would have looked better with the rhododendrons in bloom :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ah now that was pretty sharp my man !

Nice M by the way, but WTF were you thinking with your first BM !!!!!! :wink:
Cheers
PAul

Keep it sticky side down.

mdouglas

Postby mdouglas » Mon May 17, 2004 8:58 pm

What can I say - I hadn't been on a bike before. It's that Harley kind of attraction that affects car drivers. I used to drool over the piccies of it in the Sunday supplements. I bought it before I'd even sat my bike test !

It actually wasn't that bad. It just wasn't going to survive the daily commute.

It's amazing how your tastes move on though. There's no way on God's earth that I'd buy one now, or one like it. When I see Harley's and Drag Stars etc, there is no emotion at all. With a blank cheque book now, I'd have a 749R, Mondial, Agusta F4S or something of that ilk. A significant development given that when I first bought the 11S, I used to be terrified that I was exposing myself to a whole new level of risk re riding position, being more difficult to see what's going on around due to being crouched over etc. Bottom line is, I like something that's a bit different (I still like Guzzi V11 Sports etc and would love an MGS01). I'm also very much into British Classics with an A10 Super Rocket in the garage (90% restored - I'll finish it one day) and a Triton in development.

Return to “Boxerpix”