Mine

As it says; what you've done to your bike and how it helped make it better.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Jason M

Mine

Postby Jason M » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:32 am

Big scratch on NS faring where someone knocked it over in the LA shipping agents when I was disconnecting the battery.

Gouge out of the swingarm where it fell over on the pallet on the way to NY and the tie-down ratchet dug into the metal.

Rattly OS front disk where all the posts have worn down.

Big star crack in the front mudguard where my daughters bike fell over on it.

Huge dents in the rear Remus silencers (looks like a Rhino with huge metal testicals has tried to mate with it) where I applied too much rubber hammer when refitting system in a fit of rage/temper/exhasperation.

A front light that looks like someone has tried to sandbast it from 2in.

A front faring that has more spots and blemishes than a teenage junk food addict.

Front forks and lower yoke repainted in lovely silver Hammerite when the original paint finally gave up completely and started coming off under pressure from a normal garden hose.

A high NS handlbar sans locating nodule (only discovered recently) after bar took a big knock somewhere in transit round the world.

An intermittent side/back light where the ignition switch has worn to the point of not making all the correct connections all of the time (engine still runs though so that's fine)

Various mixed M6 bolts holding the rear hugger on (the first ART hugger broke and nearly dug itself into the rear tyre before I managed to rip it off and throw it into a scottish loch) due to them vibrating out on regular occasions.

Repaired, recovered and gelled seat (now needing recovering again) + chipped frame where my mates Adventure fell over onto it during the Welsh Rally.

Dozens of missing nuts, bolts, fasteners, gaskets and alike that have mysteriously been left after reassembly during various bouts of 'open bike surgery'.

Engine, gearbox, brakes, bar ends, levers, and handlebar rubbers + a million other components seriously worn with 110k very happy miles. :lol: :lol:

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:35 pm

excellent patina, great wit!
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerspex”