FF Carbon and vinyl wrapping questions

As it says; what you've done to your bike and how it helped make it better.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Raider

FF Carbon and vinyl wrapping questions

Postby Raider » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:19 pm

Think of added some carbon bits to my R1200S, starting with the center tank panel. Does anyone have experience with FF Carbon ?

http://www.ffcarbon.com/en/Shop-ffcarbon/BMW/R1200-S/

I like that you can custom order the panels to suit your preferences. Thinking of the matte finish with the twill weave.

Ultimate vision is to replace the front fairing, tank center, and rear side fairings. I will likely add some sort of graphics (maybe paint, but most likely vinyl) to small portions of the carbon and repaint or wrap the large side fairings with some design similar to the looks of the special edition HP2S.

After the graphics are applied, is it possible to add a clear vinyl wrap with a matte finish to prevent the edges of the graphics from peeling and to add a layer of protection? Will the satin or matte vinyl blur the graphics?

Here are some of my inspirational pics (my apologies for stealing someone's pics/ideas).

Main panels like this, and possible a HP2S style belly pan in the future:

Rear side graphics similar to this:

f90x

Postby f90x » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:35 pm

I have those stickers you show on the 'rear end' pic. I haven't fitted them yet but the accompanying front ones have been on the bike since before I bought it and I've had it four years now. They have an excellent adherence and aren't going anywhere. They haven't lifted in the slightest and actually come with a ludicrous length of guarantee against such behavior.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/officialmotog ... 7675.l2559
R1200GS TC. Triple Black
R1200S. It’s gone. Had it 11yrs. My favourite bike in 42yrs riding.

Holdsworth professional
Motobecane C3
Brompton

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:06 pm

I am not a fan of CF for road bikes or cars. Ok for hi tech race missiles where strength and light mass is essential. A class paint job does it for me. Wrapping? you are having a laugh, shxte! anything applied with a hot air gun will come off with a hot air gun or when the sun shines. take a close look at any shrink (stretched) wrapping on business vans and I guarantee you will see cracking/stess at anything other than a flatish panel.

Class paint job any time.

:wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Mitch1100

Postby Mitch1100 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:48 pm

Wheel graphic has hung on well
[ImageImage 22-03-2016 at 9.47 AM by Phil Mitchell, on Flickr][/img] :wink:
2009 HP2 Sport...sold
2006 R1200s with yellow rim tape
2008 Ducati Monster S4RS Tricolore..sold
2004 R1100s BoxerCup Replika..sold
2006 Subaru WRX STI S204 #318/600

Return to “Boxerspex”