R1200RT Lowering the pegs - Now with photos

As it says; what you've done to your bike and how it helped make it better.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

The Teutonic Tangerine

R1200RT Lowering the pegs - Now with photos

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:06 am

http://www.knightdesignllc.com/images/M ... x-600h.jpg

Mr R1200Rt is almost perfect but at 6ft and 33 inside leg I still find the foot pegs too high (too near to the seat) my knees and ankles are too bent for long ride comfort.

Looking about for a solution I chose the Whole peg replacement from Knight design in the USA as the Wunderlich option looked messy and although it used the original foot rest it moved it outwards from the bike.

Whilst the US solution seems cheaper there is £47 duty to pay which takes them over the cost of the Wunderlich offering but I like 'em

This Knight Design peg came with its own springs and clevis pins but no fitting instructions - I am not a mechanical dummy but I could not work how their spring worked so I drilled the pegs to match the originals and used the original springs and clevis pins - result a perfect fit.

having now ridden the bike the ankle and knee bend is much more comfortable and the lack of rubber on the peg is not noticeable at all.
Attachments
peg 2.jpg
peg 2.jpg (34.24 KiB) Viewed 8649 times
peg 1.jpg
peg 1.jpg (38.81 KiB) Viewed 8649 times
Last edited by The Teutonic Tangerine on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

nab 301

Re: R1200RT Lowering the pegs

Postby nab 301 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:26 pm

The Teutonic Tangerine wrote:
Mr R1200Rt is almost perfect but at 6ft and 33 inside leg I still find the foot pegs too high (too near to the seat) my knees and ankles are too bent for long ride comfort.

6 ft 4 for me with 33 inside leg , maybe that's why I don't use my 11S as much as i used to!

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

The Teutonic Tangerine

Re: R1200RT Lowering the pegs

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:43 am

I have lowered the pegs in the past on an 1100S (also put the bars above the Yoke), a 1200ST (also moved bars above the yoke) and now the RT (The RT however has proved the best result Bars don't need changing for me.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Return to “Boxerspex”