HELP!!!! Center Stand Woes

As it says; what you've done to your bike and how it helped make it better.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

teufelz99

HELP!!!! Center Stand Woes

Postby teufelz99 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:54 pm

Hey guys, new bike is on the way and the damn thing has a center stand. It's an 04 R1100S. I any ideas about where to get ahold of a good side stand and any probably issues installing or is this an easy self-install?
2002 Dinan BMW M5, 473 bHP, Saphire Blue Metallic on black, de-badged.

2006 BMW K1200S Blue and White, no mods.

2004 BMW R1100S, Red/Silver, High bars/windshield

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:01 pm

Hi,

Are you sure it doesn't have a side stand? I'd be very surprised if that's the case. The centre stand was offered as an optional extra, but the side stand is standard equipment. I've never heard of anyone removing the side stand.

In the unlikely event that you need a new side stand, your nearest BMW dealer is the best (only?) bet. Other than stretching the return spring to fit it, and making sure you line up the stand with the microswitch for the engine cut out circuit, fitting is a 5 minute stress free job. There are two lengths of side stand, depending on whether you have the standard or sports length suspension.

HTH

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

teufelz99

Thanks

Postby teufelz99 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:49 pm

Thanks for the help. The loon that owned the bike before me actually DID take the side stand off and god knows what he did with it. I haven't the foggiest what would posses someone to do that but then again, I think i did mention that this guy is a complete loon. Any, off to the dealership it is. I hate this freakin center stand and am going to make it go away as soon as i get a new side stand.
2002 Dinan BMW M5, 473 bHP, Saphire Blue Metallic on black, de-badged.

2006 BMW K1200S Blue and White, no mods.

2004 BMW R1100S, Red/Silver, High bars/windshield

Return to “Boxerspex”