Sargent Seat

As it says; what you've done to your bike and how it helped make it better.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Scuzzlebutt

Sargent Seat

Postby Scuzzlebutt » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:55 pm

I enquired about a seat for my 1200S as I've got one on my Fazer and it is excellent.

So just for info, if you don't know already, here is the response I got.

"I'm sorry to have to tell you that Sargent recently cancelled development of the seat for this bike as demand in the US has not materialised.

It costs upwards of $60,000 to develop a seat and Sargent have to assess whether or not they will make back the development costs".

Iain
2007 R1200S
2006 FZ1S
2002 FJS600 Silverwing...oh yes
1976 RD250C

Boxered
Route Master

Re: Sargent Seat

Postby Boxered » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:32 pm

Scuzzlebutt wrote:It costs upwards of $60,000 to develop a seat and Sargent have to assess whether or not they will make back the development costs".

Iain

Thats £30.000 :shock:

personally, I find the std seat much more comfy than my 1100s seat was, but if i did have a problem, Marty at www.smartrrrs.biz would be the guy I'de speak to. Cost around £70 for your oem seat to have a gel pad inserted and recovered.

£30k :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

_IT_

Postby _IT_ » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:11 pm

They must buy a bike and 10 spare seats to play with.. err and a bloke to get on and off the bike for a bit.
Iain.
R1100S DDP.

winger

Postby winger » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:51 pm

For FFFFSake don't go near a gel seat,i bought one for my Tiger,i listened to the internet :cry: ,leave it in the sun for 20 minutes it'll fry your arse,and it doesn't cool down straight away when you sit on it either,you'll end up with your backside medium rare :wink:

The fact that after a couple of hundred miles the gel thing just doesn't 'Do IT' is almost a minor detail.

Return to “Boxerspex”