This will divide opinion

This is the forum for current/former/aspiring 'S owners to discuss their other two wheeled choices.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

bikesnbones

Postby bikesnbones » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:53 am

cornishflat wrote:The Sportster models of late like the Dyna models sit in a rubber mounted frame. Hence the lack of vibes reaching the rider....unlike the older models.
The swingarm mounts to the engine to maintain belt tension but can induce a yawing feeling sometimes in corners as the engine and swingarm move together. It can feel weird at first but when you get used to it you tend to ignore it and ride through it.

Yes and they became rubber mounted long before the XR came out.
I rode a friends 883R and the engine felt far more viby than the XR, which was super smooth by comparison.

Ekimyrf

Postby Ekimyrf » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:38 am

My mate has an ex race series one of these with the uprated suspension full Termi system etc etc

It most definatly isnt crap it pulls like a train and handles like a dream (on a smooth surface) I went to the IoM classic with him on it last year i was on my Griso, the Harley comprehensivly spanked my guzzi and for those of you who know the Peel - Kirk Michael coast road he had a guy on a fireblade that couldnt get away from him I was left far behind.

it looks ace, handles, stomps like a mad thing, every time he parked it up there was a crowd round it.

not an every day bike but ace

Return to “My other bike's a...”