My Loaner

This is the forum for current/former/aspiring 'S owners to discuss their other two wheeled choices.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Herb

My Loaner

Postby Herb » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:33 am

Got this as my loan bike for the day. It's mental. I did not know I needed one until I rode it. 160hp. Terrifying and exhilerating in equal measure. Pipe and slippers anyone?

Last edited by Herb on Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

f90x

Re: My Loaner

Postby f90x » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Herb wrote:Got this as my loan bike for the day. It's metal. I did not know I needed one until I rode it. 160hp. Terrifying and exhilerating in equal measure. Pipe and slippers anyone?

Would you have one, and if so could it be instead of the 12S or only if it was as well as?
R1200GS TC. Triple Black
R1200S. It’s gone. Had it 11yrs. My favourite bike in 42yrs riding.

Holdsworth professional
Motobecane C3
Brompton

eyore

Postby eyore » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:36 pm

I have often wondered how anyone can use that kind of power on the road never mind on a naked bike? An R12 S is plenty fast enough to get oneself locked up. I had a CBR1000RR for a while and got rid of it quite quickly, it was simply way too easy to ride too fast without realising it. I used to get round alll my various favourite corners at about 10 to 15 mph faster than previously with no trouble whatsoever and on an open road it was hard to believe the speedo readings as it just didn't feel as if the bike was anywhere near its capabilities.

Anyway I genuinely don't think power is necessarily related to the pleasure of biking or bike ownership.
2009 Triumph Speed Triple
2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

f90x

Postby f90x » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:27 pm

eyore wrote:I have often wondered how anyone can use that kind of power on the road never mind on a naked bike? An R12 S is plenty fast enough to get oneself locked up. I had a CBR1000RR for a while and got rid of it quite quickly, it was simply way too easy to ride too fast without realising it. I used to get round alll my various favourite corners at about 10 to 15 mph faster than previously with no trouble whatsoever and on an open road it was hard to believe the speedo readings as it just didn't feel as if the bike was anywhere near its capabilities.

Anyway I genuinely don't think power is necessarily related to the pleasure of biking or bike ownership.

Ditto, I had a 954 RR2 blade and got shot of it in a short space of time as i found myself going very fast indeed and after one particularly jail worthy ride with a random R1 (who was doing 120mph wheelies) I advertised it the same day. Amazing bit of kit though, and in white/blue, the best looking Blade made i think. I still miss the acceleration.
R1200GS TC. Triple Black
R1200S. It’s gone. Had it 11yrs. My favourite bike in 42yrs riding.

Holdsworth professional
Motobecane C3
Brompton

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:22 pm

No, no!

Resist the force Luke.

Herb

Postby Herb » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:22 pm

It would have to be a second bike. It's quite full on. When your in the power it really is ridiculously fast. If you are in a low gear and hit a bump the bike can lurch forward with the merest movement of throttle.

At low revs it snarls and sputters so you have to keep it spinning, meaning you always feel that you have to be accelerating and it builds speed so quickly.

It was a relief to get my own bike back and feel like I could relax again. I still want one though, the sheer Rush was amazing.
********Jim********

---------------------------

2006 'Colgate' R1200s

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:02 pm

We took one out with a S1000RR a few weeks ago. Cracking bike but harder to ride at town speeds than the RR. Like you say, spits and splutters at low revs.

Was amazed at how well the wind blast was deflected, you would have thought it had a full fairing :shock:

Return to “My other bike's a...”