arrived yesterday

This is the forum for current/former/aspiring 'S owners to discuss their other two wheeled choices.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

The Teutonic Tangerine

Re: arrived yesterday

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:59 am

You do know that if you ignore the Service Light it will go into limp home mode - so every service it has to get the service thing re set. Which I would find irritating as I know that I capable of carrying out a basic service to as good a standard as any strealer.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Steve1966

Postby Steve1966 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:53 pm

Whoah 'none' - I think I may have just thrown up a little in my mouth! :(
Steve
'99 R1100S

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:02 am

It is a looker no doubt - but every Guzzi I ever sat I bashed my knees on the cylinder heads - Way way back I sooooo wanted a RED V50 I finally had the money and tracked one down via auto trader and rode up to Johns of Romford to try it out an dit was tiny - much disappointment - Many years later I tried a Stelvio thinking that would be bigger (which it was) but also As soon as I sat on it I bashed the side of my knee on the rocker cover and it hurt so my fantasy about Guzzi owning was over.

I admire the work (money ) you've put in to make it a Tourer but for me this is a tourer. I bought it and spent about £40 for a Ram mount for my Tom Tom and £38 for a Ryde 49 Litre Top Box for two up Touring.

Everything else has been brilliant
Attachments
RT.jpg
RT.jpg (322.63 KiB) Viewed 7531 times
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:10 pm

Gosh! what a difference a year makes, I have sold mine too, I was kidding myself that it would be ok for our annual European tour, we managed ok with the luggage but the handling was appalling and no amount of tweaking or upgrading of stock suspension components were going to make much difference. I was advised and I did not take much notice. Shame cos they are a thing of wonderment.

Not looking back as my R1200R is the dogs bollocks in the handling department, two up or solo.

The RSV4 has not happened yet and I doubt it will. I am happy with the middleweight class of sportsbike... for the moment.

Currently deep cleaning my Gixxer. :)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “My other bike's a...”