Triumph trident

This is the forum for current/former/aspiring 'S owners to discuss their other two wheeled choices.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

RSBowling

Triumph trident

Postby RSBowling » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi,
My other bike is my beloved trident 900, real hefty, over engineered and in my opinion very cool. I'm actually selling it at the moment, so excuse me for doing so, but I'm plugging it! Get in touch for details!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (433.21 KiB) Viewed 7754 times

Be interesting to hear if any of you guys have owned/ridden one.
Cheers,
Rich

Gromit

Re: Triumph trident

Postby Gromit » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:53 pm

Lovely bike, these - I had one identical to that back in 95-96 until I got side-swiped by someone in a Land Rover Discovery. Bike was written-off, and I was quite badly beaten-up in the crash.

Accident happend on 13th June 96, 13 years to the day since I'd passed my bike test. :?

The Trident though was a big, comfy, oh-so satisfying bike to ride with imho one of the sweetest 'road' engines ever built. Great noise too. 8)

Looks like you have a very nice example there, Rich - the Daytona silencers look great too. I wanted a set for mine but getting the raised rear peg hangers needed to fit them cost a fortune at the time.

RSBowling

Postby RSBowling » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi gromit,
Wow must of been a bad crash to write off a trident! Sorry to hear. Thanks, a lot of effort gone into the bike, and yeah the Daytona hangers are rare and pricey, but with the upswept exhausts I think it looks much better. Stonking engine and a very comfy bike. Top quality finish too, no flaky engine Paint here!
Cheers,
Rich

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:07 pm

I guess the looks are subjective...................

but they always sound like they are only firing on three cylinders, to be honest? [smilie=whistle.gif]

Al :drunken:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

RSBowling

Postby RSBowling » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Haha,
Let's face it al, your only saying those things so you can buy it for less ain't ya! Yeah to be honest it's always sounded like it's only firing on 3, bloody thing!
Jokes aside, I think there going to be a classic one day, what I could do with is David beckham riding one on tv!
Cheers,
Rich

oppy

Postby oppy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:34 pm

Had a Trident Sprint until I bought the beemer. No, I tell a lie. I've been a biker since the very early 60s as had a dear friend of ours, but in his case life kind of got in the way and his Trident / Sprint with 31,000 miles on the clock, bought new in 1993, was stuck under a cover in the back garden. Over the last 10 years I've variously offered to service, sell, buy, overhaul and eventually restore the bike which was rapidly becoming part of the rear hedge. Just before my 70th birthday last july, he asked Sue, my wife, if she thought I would like it---------------------------So after chopping away the brambles and various saplings, and with brakes siezed and flat tyres, we got it onto a borrowed trailor and home. with minimum fettling it was running and I got it mot'd and ran it for a couple of months. Although extremely top heavy, it was a great bike. Then after a few weeks of standing in my back garden I started it up and it went crazy, oil blew out, the engine raced so I shut it off rapidly. Oh Poo !! Not being in the best of health I decided to get shut. Stuck it on Fleabay and off it went..............end of story................But 2 weeks after selling it I got a 'phone call from the buyer !!!!!!He'd found a birds nest in the airbox and various bits of flesh in among the carb / intake area. Bugger, he's chuffed, but I've got a r1150rs and smile a yard wide :) :) :)
If a hammer wont fix it, it's electrical :roll:

hobbit

Postby hobbit » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:45 am

Have you tried selling on thetriumphforum.co.uk

Gavin

RSBowling

Postby RSBowling » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:35 am

Hi Gavin,
Yes I have got it for sale on there and gumtree.
Cheers,
Rich

Return to “My other bike's a...”