Gromit made me do it...

This is the forum for current/former/aspiring 'S owners to discuss their other two wheeled choices.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Gromit made me do it...

Postby Paul » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:06 pm

... Tried a Moto Guzzi Griso today, whilst young Gromit tried a Breva. It was a hoot. Sadly it's totaly impractical as an all round kind of a bike, since it wouldn't really tour or do long distances at high speed, but on a sunny day on a twisty road to a biker meet, there would be little to beat it. It looks solidly screwed together and everyone that spotted it parked up came over to chat about it.

The one I rode only had 100 miles on the clock but it still span up like a good 'un at the slightest twist of the fun handle. It corners nicely and sounds fab with an after market can replacing the huge standard item. The fly screen was good for comfortable cuising up to about 80, then it started to get a bit too windy for comfort.

If I had space in my garage for 2 bikes (and, lets be honest, the cash in the bank to run them!) a Griso would definately be in there.

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

FLASH

Postby FLASH » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:31 pm

Hmmmm....100 miles eh? (sucks teeth) Bit high for one of them Eye-talian machines I would've thought, young'un. Aye.
Come on down to a FLASH weekend break in South West France!
Rufty-Tufty, tassled, Bikers ONLY. No cars please! (unless it's a Volvo Estate with a carbon fibre tow-bar)

Check it out on: http://www.flashtours.co.uk

Return to “My other bike's a...”