Beachcomber - new here

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

beachcomber

Beachcomber - new here

Postby beachcomber » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:55 am

Hi Guys,

been involved with bikes all my life, actively building for the past 55 years +.

Mostly Cafe Racers - in the day and since I "retired" 15 years ago.

My day job was the design and manufacture of replica [ full size ! ] sports cars - Cobra, Porsche, Jag.

These days I carry out design consultancy work for a couple of pals in the industry - mainly a pal and business associate of some 40 years who currently manufactures C Type Jag replicas, the other is an old German agent of mine who took over the Cobra and Porsche projects when I retired.

I got back into bikes seriously about 10 years ago - developing alloy bodied shox, Hi-Po plug leads and all sorts for my personal projects that my pal [ who did the actual work ! ] is now marketing.

Oilheads ??? Ah yes, came to them via Airheads, Kays, and a Y Trike [ Oilhead based ]. Now playing with a couple of R1100S projects - modern take on the Cafe Racer theme.

Several other projects on the boil - A Kay Streetfighter, Yamaha TR1 60's style Cafe Racer and a Kawasaki KZ750 twin Flat Tracker. Hope I live long enough to finish them all !
"if at first you don't succeed - you've already been a failure once"

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:59 am

Sounds fantastic, any photo's to show?

Welcome to Boxertrix, a good bunch of people on here.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:09 pm

Welcome
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

McBoxer

Postby McBoxer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:28 pm

Hi Beachcomber, welcome from just up the road. I saw you post on Pelican so know a little of your plans, but I won't let the cat out of the bag.
Suffice to say that I'm sure you'll get a lot of interest from the Boxertrix faithfull!
I work for another little engineering concern nearby, down at Gaydon - in fact I was lucky enough to witness the first run out of the 1st of the new E-Type lightweights last year at Browns Lane - first time I've smelt over-rich exhaust fumes at work for many a year!
Big Scottish Al

eyore

Postby eyore » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi and welcome .
2009 Triumph Speed Triple
2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:54 pm

Thanx for the welcome - I'll try not to offend any sensibilities [ too much ! ] with my Hot Rodding / Custom building. Been at it too long [ 55 years ] to change now ! :wink: Of course I often forget [ not being of the modern technology persuasion ] that peeps can see my postings over on several other forums ! :oops:

Just a few random images of my involvements, then I'll post in the relevant thread.

This was mock up - now fitted with K1100 forks and K1200S wheels
Should be finished this year [ it says in the script ]

boxerscott

Re: Beachcomber - new here

Postby boxerscott » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:19 am

beachcomber wrote:Hi Guys,

been involved with bikes all my life, actively building for the past 55 years +.

Mostly Cafe Racers - in the day and since I "retired" 15 years ago.

My day job was the design and manufacture of replica [ full size ! ] sports cars - Cobra, Porsche, Jag.

These days I carry out design consultancy work for a couple of pals in the industry - mainly a pal and business associate of some 40 years who currently manufactures C Type Jag replicas, the other is an old German agent of mine who took over the Cobra and Porsche projects when I retired.

I got back into bikes seriously about 10 years ago - developing alloy bodied shox, Hi-Po plug leads and all sorts for my personal projects that my pal [ who did the actual work ! ] is now marketing.

Oilheads ??? Ah yes, came to them via Airheads, Kays, and a Y Trike [ Oilhead based ]. Now playing with a couple of R1100S projects - modern take on the Cafe Racer theme.

Several other projects on the boil - A Kay Streetfighter, Yamaha TR1 60's style Cafe Racer and a Kawasaki KZ750 twin Flat Tracker. Hope I live long enough to finish them all !
What do you want? a frikkin Trixter Medal? :lol: Welcome !:wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:13 am

Thanx for the welcome .......... medals good .......money even better !!!!!! :lol:

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:54 pm

Or beer?
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Yam SR 500 long term restoration

wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:57 pm

dave the german wrote:Or beer?