R1200S

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:06 pm

Gooner

Don't worry - the figure was illustrative only.

Steve Parry is good for £5000 all day long
:D

slparry

Postby slparry » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:20 am

andy griff wrote:Gooner

Don't worry - the figure was illustrative only.

Steve Parry is good for £5000 all day long
:D

<FX: fingers in ears>I'm not listening</FX>
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Gooner

R1200S

Postby Gooner » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:59 am

£5700 standard and £6300 with the bits. The bits are all brand new and cost well in excess of £1100. Happy to take the bits off it and sit with them until they sell. I think for a bike like this with the ohlins and sports option there's probably not another about with 5k on it. If i dont get near to either figure it will stay and i'll look into the remap (Rexxer) which apparently with a full system transforms the engine smoothness although my preference is to go back to a in line 4!

Cheers

Herb

Postby Herb » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:47 am

I have had very little interest in my cooking model colgate listed at £4500.

My bike does have some options, ABS, heated grips etc, but without the Ohlins at the very least it does not seem very desirable, despite being pristine with relatively low mileage.

I reckon I would have to drop to £4K or below to spark a bit of interest. £5K might be a reasonable figure for your bike with options, perhaps a little more.

Maybe things might change in the spring, but I have decided to keep mine for at least another year.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:10 am

Let's face it - not the best time of year, and with the R1200s - you are not looking at a huge market, albeit - those who are looking, are keen on that particular model.

Having a fully-kitted (Ohlins, 190) with the added Full Decatted sports exhaust - is a very attractive proposition (in my mind) - as for the real 1200s afficionado - as it assures him(her) that he can improve the standard performance without having to trawl the internet for an undefined period - waiting for a reasonably-priced exhaust.

Sometime buyers, even though that particular (limited availability) bike might be a "must have" purchase - still expect a bargain price ............ :roll:

(they change their outlook when it comes to selling though)

(I'm not referring to G00ner, above)

Al :)
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

slparry

Postby slparry » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:18 pm

Herb wrote:I have had very little interest in my cooking model colgate listed at £4500.

My bike does have some options, ABS, heated grips etc, but without the Ohlins at the very least it does not seem very desirable, despite being pristine with relatively low mileage.

I reckon I would have to drop to £4K or below to spark a bit of interest. £5K might be a reasonable figure for your bike with options, perhaps a little more.

Maybe things might change in the spring, but I have decided to keep mine for at least another year.

Pencil my name in Jim if I flog the BCR in spring I maybe interested, I'd be happy with a none ohlins and 180 rear one, there's plenty of options for replacing the shocks, and I tend to keep my bikes for ages :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Herb

Postby Herb » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:31 pm

slparry wrote:
Herb wrote:I have had very little interest in my cooking model colgate listed at £4500.

Pencil my name in Jim if I flog the BCR in spring I maybe interested, I'd be happy with a none ohlins and 180 rear one, there's plenty of options for replacing the shocks, and I tend to keep my bikes for ages :)

Let me know in the spring Steve, perhaps I will be tempted, though its not going anywhere for a while it seems.

To be honest, I was only considering selling because I have an eye sight problem and the prone position makes it worse when I get tired, so I was going to get something more upright.

I am on the look out for Helibars and will pay full price for a set in the spring if none come up second hand in the meantime. That will buy me a couple more years on the bike.

I do love the attention this bike brings wherever I park it.

Apologies to the OP for the hijack.
********Jim********

2006 'Colgate' R1200s

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:06 pm

Herb - Helibars do ake a considerable difference to the riding position so I think you are going down a good road there.

Steve, look at MCN today the Mamola BCR is listed as a desirable and rare bike
Maybe time to ride the wave of publicity my friend !

Gooner - not sure if you are an Arsenal fan with a name like that but if you are then that might explain that why you are an eternal optimist :D . Sorry to say but the mintiest minty Colgate BCR ( see the clever little toothpaste joke there) will not make that kind of money currently or in the Spring IMHO.

slparry

Postby slparry » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:39 pm

andy griff wrote:Herb - Helibars do ake a considerable difference to the riding position so I think you are going down a good road there.

Steve, look at MCN today the Mamola BCR is listed as a desirable and rare bike
Maybe time to ride the wave of publicity my friend !

Gooner - not sure if you are an Arsenal fan with a name like that but if you are then that might explain that why you are an eternal optimist :D . Sorry to say but the mintiest minty Colgate BCR ( see the clever little toothpaste joke there) will not make that kind of money currently or in the Spring IMHO.

I'll give you top marks for trying :D wonder what a 29000 mile 2003 BCR is worth nowadays .... .dammit now you have me at it!
--
Steve Parry

Gooner

R1200S

Postby Gooner » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:40 pm

Arsenal fan really, is it that obvious. I bought it in June for £5700. I was told by several people on here it was worth that all day long before i bought it. All ive done is improve it so that it is in mint condition (and i dont mean with the bits ive put on it). I'm happy to return it to standard so how does it become worth so much less in 5 months!!!

Theres loads on ebay for around £5k with far more miles on them and in nowhere near the condition of my bike.

To be honest i'm not really bothered. because i was told they were so sought after i assumed it would fetch top money.

I will probably have the remap done over the winter which i'm told makes the engine loads smoother and much nicer to ride and probably end up keeping it as i love the look of it just not used to the engine.

Now i'm going to watch the football :wink:

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:47 pm

Gooner,

Good luck with the footie - Utd fan myself so medium happy currently.

Well, if you paid £5700 at a dealer then you always need to allow for the profit they made out of you of course, If you said private then you paid top price - but of course the bike is very low miles.

No part of my opinion was designed to 'disrespect' your fine motorcycle but as I had and sold one the same this year then I was trying to give you realistic advice as a fellow forum member.

'Nuff said. Good luck whatever you.

Herb

Re: R1200S

Postby Herb » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:49 pm

Gooner wrote:Arsenal fan really, is it that obvious. I bought it in June for £5700. I was told by several people on here it was worth that all day long before i bought it. All ive done is improve it so that it is in mint condition (and i dont mean with the bits ive put on it). I'm happy to return it to standard so how does it become worth so much less in 5 months!!!

Now i'm going to watch the football :wink:

Since June the number of these on the used market has increased dramatically, perhaps because people have bought or ordered the R1200RS.

Come the spring, when the demand increases and perhaps there are fewer around your might get closer to your asking price. Used prices are also very variable. I have seen worse bikes than mine go for much more than I was asking. I have also seen higher spec bikes go for less.

With such an unusual model you need a little luck when selling.
********Jim********

2006 'Colgate' R1200s

daves

Postby daves » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:09 pm

Herb wrote:
I am on the look out for Helibars and will pay full price for a set in the spring if none come up second hand in the meantime. That will buy me a couple more years on the bike.

Herb,

I've got some Helibars in the garage, which I bought from the previous owner of my 1200s. When I test rode the bike, I figured I'd probably want them, but now I've had it for a while, I don't think I'll fit them. I payed him £90.

PM me if you're interested.

Dave
K100RS x2, one dark blue, one blue and pearl
K100RT, blue
K100LT, gold (eugh)
R80 RT green
R90S, smoke grey
R1100S, yellow
R1100GS, Kalahari
R1200S, silver

Herb

Postby Herb » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:16 pm

daves wrote:
Herb wrote:

Herb,

I've got some Helibars in the garage, which I bought from the previous owner of my 1200s. When I test rode the bike, I figured I'd probably want them, but now I've had it for a while, I don't think I'll fit them. I payed him £90.

PM me if you're interested.

Dave

Good man. PM on the way Daves.
********Jim********

2006 'Colgate' R1200s

Gooner

R1200S

Postby Gooner » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:11 pm

Andy,
No offence taken at all. They seem to vary in price somewhat. I'm not desperate to sell it as i hate losing money especially when i havent had it that long. I saw a nice K1200 with very low miles and thought my bike would go straight away as at present i am better suited to the 4 cylinder bikes.

I paid £5700 private and the guy wouldn't budge and at the time had loads of enquiries for it. I was just lucky to be the first in the queue, or so i thought at the time.

It seems from some posts ive read people who have been used to different machines rather than BM twins take time to get used to these bikes whereas other people take to them straigtaway. At the moment i am in the former group but not enough to let it go for loads less money than i paid for it as after all with 5k on it (probably wont get much use now) it will still be equally as as stunning next year and as you say possibly greater demand.

We'll see :!:

Return to “New Trixters?”