Greetings

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Bozwold wrote:
Popsky, from the service history, the bike spent some time in Dorset, you could well be right.
He is, Mary Anning found it in the Jurassic Strata...

but like all Dinosaurs they have great longevity!!

Welcome, having a boxer is cool 8)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:58 am

ooh Chris, I can see the way you're swaying :wink:
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Bozwold

Postby Bozwold » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:50 pm

Hello again chaps,

Sorry for the long break, it's been a busy few weeks, with a new job involving much more time, a hovercraft and bicycle commute, and all the other dross getting in the way.

I also failed my mod 1 again, so hopefully I'll get it right next time.

I went to see the bike today, ran it up and down the yard a couple of times, and put it back to bed again.

Mike, the bike seems to have a standard airborne and filter. I can't see any modifications to the telelever, nor was I given any spacers. The exhaust Y-piece is still there.

Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you this year, if I'm ever deemed fit to be on the road!

Gordon

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:23 pm

Hi Gordon. You won't see the telelever mod unless you take the bugger off. Shame about the spacers - I definitely gave them to Chris. With no spacers in the front end is a bit lower than standard and, because of how the geometry works, this negates some of the benefit of the mod. That said, I certainly found that it made changing direction easier yet the bike remained rock stable. No doubt you'll still have the rocket sprockets fitted, which is a nice mod :)

Good luck with the test.

Mike
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

GSXR-Chris

Postby GSXR-Chris » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:28 am

I have the spacers somewhere Bozwold.
Drop me a message with your adresse then Paypal me the postage fee and I'll get them to you.
Bike has standard air induct and filter fitted.

Bozwold

Postby Bozwold » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:39 pm

Well, there's only one test left between me and the road now! :D

It turned out that while I was saving up for another test my instructor moved off the island, so I've had the opportunity to try a couple of different bikes. This time a Suzuki Gladius and a Honda CB600F. In my opinion, both preferable to the ER6N, but that may be because I had somewhere to put my legs.

Mike, thanks for that, it clears things up a bit.

Chris, PM incoming.

Cheers , Gordon

Bozwold

Postby Bozwold » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:48 pm

Well, it's about time I updated you on things.

I finally got through the test a few weeks ago, when at short notice an examiner visited the Island.

Since then I've done about 500 miles on the 1100S. I've also been to Devon to collect an R1100RS which is doing the mainland commute. My longest ride by some margin, I will say I was glad to get back.

It surprises me how different the bikes are, the RS feels much softer and less urgent. The wind protection is better though.

I think it's safe to say I'm a biking convert though, I've only driven the car once in a fortnight!

Return to “New Trixters?”