Greetings

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Bozwold

Greetings

Postby Bozwold » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Hello all,

I'm new around here, thanks to Steve Parry for letting me in.

I've just acquired this Image
Which some of you may recognise. The previous owner recommended joining you here.

So far, I've ridden it about 50yds around the yard, as I'm still working on a full bike licence. It would have helped if I hadn't knocked over the very last cone on the mod 1 test yesterday, but that's life. I'll keep my toe out of the way next time!

My father rode the bike home for me, and now he thinks I ought to give it to him.

So, I'm looking forward to getting to know you lot, getting to grips with the bike, and no doubt learning the quirks of the machine.

Gordon

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Welcome along, Gordon.

Where are you located, and who's bike did you buy?

(Oh! Your driveway needs a bit of work, there............. :oops: )

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Bozwold

Postby Bozwold » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi Al,

I'm on the sunny Isle of Wight, hopefully the bike will give me a more efficient way of getting around the rest of the country.

The most recent owner was known here as GSXR Chris, I don't think he had it long.

Oh, and the driveway is the bit of the property that needs least work!

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:15 pm

Ah-hah!

I thought there was a fair chance you were in Scotland. :?

The R1100s (BCR) was my first bike, after passing my DA test. So - maybe in the same position as you are - nothing to compare it to, so prepared to give it a fair hearing.............

I've a few bikes now, but still enjoy taking the BCR out, as it is a great bike for real roads.

Hope you enjoy it!

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Bozwold

Postby Bozwold » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:33 pm

I don't think I could get much further from Scotland... One of the plans is to visit Scotland at some point.

And yes, it'll be my first bike after direct access, so it's going to be a learning cliff. So far my motorcycle experience is about 850 miles on my YBR 125, and a couple of days on a Kawasaki ER6N. I don't much like the Kawasaki.

I'm looking forward to getting out on the BMW, they were current bikes when I was a student, and I've wanted one since then. It's only this year I've thought I'm sensible enough to ride a bike.

Humbug

Postby Humbug » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Welcome along. Nice bike to have waiting for you to pass your test :D

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:54 pm

Welcome to the nut hoose. As old as they are, I still think they are stunning machines
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

popsky

Postby popsky » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:20 pm

Hello and welcome, I'm sure the 11s belonged to Boxermed from Weymouth so it knows it's way to several Trixter meets, so you won't have too much trouble getting to one lol.

Btw good luck with your test
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Bozwold

Postby Bozwold » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:57 pm

As old as they are, this is a modern vehicle by my standards, it's only 63 years newer than my favourite car!

Popsky, from the service history, the bike spent some time in Dorset, you could well be right.

McBoxer

Postby McBoxer » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:50 am

Welcome on board!
Bozwold wrote:....it's only 63 years newer than my favourite car!.....

Now, I'm not sure exactly what year the bike is, but as it's a single spark it must be between 99 - 03, so your favourite car must be from 1936 - 1940......

Could it be another German air cooled boxer engined classic, known at those times as the KDF Wagen?
Big Scottish Al

Bozwold

Postby Bozwold » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:31 pm

Hello McBoxer,

I can't fault your reasoning, the car started life in 1938. It's not a boxer, it's not air-cooled, and it's not Germany.

There's a few of you North of the border then?

McBoxer

Postby McBoxer » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:03 pm

Bozwold wrote:...I can't fault your reasoning, the car started life in 1938. It's not a boxer, it's not air-cooled, and it's not Germany.

Nah, you've got me. Despite my 30 years in the motor trade I have no idea what that is!
Bozwold wrote:There's a few of you North of the border then?

There is, but I'm not one of them. Although from that neck of the woods originally, I've been hiding amongst the English for more years than I care to remember.
Big Scottish Al

Herb

Postby Herb » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:32 pm

Be careful when you open the throttle, you run out of road pretty quick on the island! Don't want you falling off the edge.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

slparry

Postby slparry » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:56 am

Bozwold wrote:I don't think I could get much further from Scotland... One of the plans is to visit Scotland at some point.

And yes, it'll be my first bike after direct access, so it's going to be a learning cliff. So far my motorcycle experience is about 850 miles on my YBR 125, and a couple of days on a Kawasaki ER6N. I don't much like the Kawasaki.

I'm looking forward to getting out on the BMW, they were current bikes when I was a student, and I've wanted one since then. It's only this year I've thought I'm sensible enough to ride a bike.

Don't let the ER6N taint your view of Kawasaki's, they're MUCH more exciting than the ER6 :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:37 am

Bozwold wrote:As old as they are, this is a modern vehicle by my standards, it's only 63 years newer than my favourite car!

Popsky, from the service history, the bike spent some time in Dorset, you could well be right.

Ay up Bozwold, Popsky nailed it. That'll be LNW then, my old 11S :) It's a blimmin good bike. I sold it to Chris not that long ago. Don't think it suited him. Looking at the photo he's done a bit of cosmetic work - fork lowers and bottom yoke. Looks good :thumbleft:

I did a few mods during my 4yrs of ownership. I seem to recall that Chris removed the Lennies CF snorkel :( . Not sure if he left the 'Val Singleton' K&N filter in situ? Fairly certain that he did leave the exhaust Y-piece in place, as well as the modified front telelever arm (reduced wheelbase,quicker steering etc) which is adjustable (if he gave you the spacers) and Lennies Rocket (cam) Sprockets for a fatter midrange. Oh, and the front discs (EBC) and 'proper' CF front mudguard were almost new when I sold the bike (May-ish this year IIRC)

Enjoy the bike. Hope to see you at some Boxertrix do or other on the mainland somewhen.

Mike :)
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

Return to “New Trixters?”