Birmingham Beemer

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

stoveboltslim

Birmingham Beemer

Postby stoveboltslim » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:01 am

Had another (later) midlife crisis and while looking at BMW car ads for my daughter stumbled across a super looking yellow (Mandarin) bike that was just local to me. Six months previously I was collecting daughter from Manchester airport and went in Mway services to phone her, there were two of these yellow bumblebees (as she now calls it) awesomely parked side by side, the seed was sown!
After a quick straddle of the bike at the dealer to see if my 6'4" might fit (and it sort of did) I tried to be sensible and ignore it. A week later when I casually phoned to enquire a bit more about it, we did a deal on the phone.
Couple of weeks later I got chance to call and see it running which was my first surprise, it growls and howls, had a quick go up and down the car park in between the patches of solid ice and after 10 minutes of that I was frozen and crippled, it's my hips doc.
Still, I've done it now and a week later the sun came out so I rode it home, 15 miles very gingerly, still howling (definitely not a lazy big twin)
Been out for a couple of little runs since and I'm trying to build the seat up a bit which helps the hips and lets me get my knees into the tank, got a bit muddy down the lanes, but came back in the dark and couldn't see the muck so felt a bit steadier, still can't cancel the indicators or find the light switch in the dark but sounds like that's normal.
Glad I've found Boxertrix as I really don't know what I've done here and I'm more of a crasher than a biker, but I am enjoying my little ventures so far.
The bike's a 99 'T' reg and got 72k on the clock, it's been hanging around at the dealers for a while and looking at the wear on the tyres I'm thinking it's been on track recently, wondering if any of you recognise it?
Geoff

stoveboltslim

Postby stoveboltslim » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:56 am

This should be the link to some pics, my head hurts now! :roll:

stoveboltslim

Postby stoveboltslim » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:41 am

This is a repeat of one of the pics in the first link but I was just trying Steve's advice in the sticky re Tinypics[/img]

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:44 am

Strange choice of tyres for that bike, for sure........

What make is the rear shock? Is the front - aftermarket too?

But- welcome to the site, good to hear you are enjoying the bike.

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Return to “New Trixters?”