New Trixter

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

nacnud

New Trixter

Postby nacnud » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:25 pm

Hi all

I thought i should join in and say a big thank you to to everyone that has modified their 1100s, and give some feed back on what i am doing with mine.

Bought new in [space] 1999 and wrote off 1 year later, thanks uninsured truck driver,
Back on the road a few months later and i smashed the wheels to bits ,eerrrm a bad overtaking maneuver by me, honesty works
A gear box replacement-Thanks Rainbow Mcycles
A couple of gearbox rebuilds and lots of other work- Thanks Steve at Scrimiger BMW, Top Bloke

94000 miles later with lots of smiles i was looking for another bike and thought why not upgrade the s ? ? ? ?
So i started looking on forums and came up with the barrel of fun i have now.

A MEGA thank you to Lennie [Boxer performance AUS] for help with the Rocket sprockets and in duct and help after i screwed up the fitting.
Another MEGA thank you to Brad [Brad Bike Boy AUS] for help with the power chip and hunting down another motronics unit as mine was ancient.
The difference is phenomenal, coupled up with the earth mover K&N.

Now to the handling- usable suspension front and rear from ECM with remote preload. cheaper than one unit of ohlins,
a not so adjustable paralever strut so now waiting for my new Ramstrut
10mm conversion on the telelever-Thanks Realm engineering-Beachcomer This mod TOTALY transforms the ride and is a must for anyone thinking of serious miles or generally wants to shed the equivalent of 20lbs with the light feel and response,FANDABIDOZY

So i now have a very tatty r1100s that goes like s--t of a shovel that is mega short wheel base and SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO much fun to ride that i am back in LOVE with it again,
Oh yes the throttle bodies are at Scrimigers for his mod to the bushes.

I am at Sherburn every now and then and generally ride like a TWAT or so i have been told ! and the bestist colour is Mandarin Yellow with lots of girly stickers ouh err
regards nacnud
Triton 750cc,Nourish 8 valve. 31 Years of blow ups and counting.
Ducati 750cc, White frame.

LOTS of SMILES & MILES

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:07 pm

welcome on board
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:27 pm

Sounds like an interesting set of mods you've made. Bring it along to the Welsh weekend so we can all gawp at it.

All the best,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

nacnud

Bonjour

Postby nacnud » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:24 pm

:D thank you for the welcome to the forum. and i have to ask what are the dates times & places for a potter in wales ?

Ps i forgot to mention the full lazer exhaust and cast iron discs [ wish i had drilled them before fitting them ] :oops:

Just fitted the ramstriut & new HT leads from Realm enginering, Pronto Service, and waiting for the the post man to deliver my re worked throttle bodies from Steve at Scrimiger, Top Bloke

LOTS of SMILES & MILES

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:42 pm

That would be the weekend of April 15 & 16 for Welsh Wales. Details in this thread

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

nacnud

Looks Good

Postby nacnud » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:57 pm

Hi Paul, Thanks for the thread & i am now in talks with the Angry Woman.
:D so anything is possible

LOTS of SMILES & MILES

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:41 pm

Welcome aboard :)

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

nacnud

Postby nacnud » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:01 pm

thanks Steve, :cry: just checked dates and that's us not doing the Welsh weekend. though i have my confirmation of track time with the Moto Morini Club in July :D
First proper run of the year is in a couple of weeks, The Pioneer run, leeds to Epsom to Brighton and home, with the Vintage boys !

LOTS of SMILES & MILES

Return to “New Trixters?”