Newby in the South West

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Bjohnson

Newby in the South West

Postby Bjohnson » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi Guys

I've been riding on and off, mostly on for 46 years and still haven't grown out of two wheels. I don't suppose I ever will.

I have had many bikes. Starting with British iron, Triumph, Royal Enfield, Matchless, then Jap; Honda and Yam. I have now have a R1100S in Titanium and Tangerine 2001 with just short of 60kmiles on the clock. I bought it in 2006 with just short of 30kmiles. For 8 years it spent more time in the shed, some years i only had time to put 500 miles on the clock but for the last 3 years I have been using it as daily transport through the summer.

This is not my first Beemer, I had a R100RS back in 1988-90 then a K75S for about 4 years until I discovered mountain biking. I've still got the mountain bike but it plays second fiddle these days.

I was toying with changing it for a R1500RS last year but after a new set of Metzler tyres i decided I love the feel of it too much so am sticking with it for a couple more years. When I can afford a newer R1200RS i will swap.

Well I look forward to reading your posts and will try to contribute something useful or just interesting. I may even get out on a ride one of these days.

:D :)

Al

Re: Newby in the South West

Postby Al » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:05 pm

Welcome, quite a few of us scattered around the southwest, will have to arrange a run when Its lighter at night and the sun comes out.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Return to “New Trixters?”