Have a K75S would like a R1100S

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

ssnam

Have a K75S would like a R1100S

Postby ssnam » Sun May 14, 2017 10:49 am

Hi dear folks,

I possess a K75S with ABS , I like the bike a lot , a real users bike , don't need much care , only the usual maintenance . A real workhorse , and I mean it literally , you have to take it by the horns and throw it into each and every corner , but once in it just keep hanging on... Yeah ! The only dislike I have with this bike is , I miss a sixth gear , and those tiny vibe on the bar coming from the engine , almost not noticeable not annoying , but after a long ride your fingers will tingling . OK now we started , it lacks some power , but that "sound" of the triple cylinders , especially in the red rev zone... . So now I'm looking at the R1100S , I like the looks of it a lot , it's like a piece of art , the lines created with a single brush... beautiful . But thus it drives as it looks , is it really that a amazing all rounder , I read a lot of good things about it but also the opposite . Still haven't the time and chance to test drive it , but my heart already bought her . A doubter who's need some convincing... . Thanks

stevesilver

Re: Have a K75S would like a R1100S

Postby stevesilver » Sun May 14, 2017 9:37 pm

I too fell under the spell of the 1100s. I first saw one in 2004 racing at the Boxer cup series at the moto GP @ Donnington park. Beautiful bike but far too expensive for me.
I had a blade at the time, which was bloody fantastic, so fast, chuck it in corners at any speed and it laffs at you. I'm sure I heard it once saying "is that all yer got"?
As time went by I'd forgotten about the R1100S having dismissed it as a pricy BMW.

In 2012 I was getting cramp every time I rode the blade, so decided a more upright bike was needed.
Had always fancied a GSX1400 but they were a little out of my price range.
2nd choice was a ZRX1200R in green of course. Found a clean example near me and had a test ride and bought it.
It was a great bike sounded the nuts with a yoshi can and so fast, in all the years I had it I didnt red line it once. The problem with it was for me I'd shit myself every time I'd come to a corner. Had no confidence in its handling at all and sold it in late 2015

Needed a bike to replace it. The bike needed to be sporty but comfortable, dunno what made me look at the 11s again, but I did. Was amazed to see them in my budget.

The only problem i had was I couldn't get anyone to give me a test ride. the dealers wouldn't let me unless I was going to actually buy it.

Had a guy on here saying that if I was used to jap multi's i would find it like a slug and be disappointed.

Anyhow to get to the point, i really wanted a boxer cup, couldn't afford one, next choice was the colour I bought grey/yellow.As they are not that common I spent the entire winter looking for one that had been looked after and the right colour.
Ended up driving to Devon to get one. Long way from SE London.

Bike was so clean I ended up buying it without riding it first(can't believe i did that) Chucked it in the van and drove home.

Thought if I didn't like it Id just sell it again... although I was so smitten by then it would have to be pretty shit to shatter that illusion.

So, what's like?

Its the best bike I've had, comfy, yet sporty, goes round corners like me blade, fantastic brakes, and although its nowhere near as quick as the 1000cc 4 pot jap bikes, its plenty quick enough in the real world. Its a joy to go out on and after the Zrx I can now keep up with me mates :D

No cramp, puts a huge smile on my face every time I'm on it. Haven't done nearly enough miles on it but am going to the Moto GP at assen next month, so that should put a few on it.

Summing up, get one, you wont be disappointed, fantastic bike, not the quickest but certainly the best bike I owned.
Attachments
bmw r1100s.JPG
bmw r1100s.JPG (157.76 KiB) Viewed 9756 times

Britisherspy

Postby Britisherspy » Tue May 16, 2017 7:47 pm

ssnam wrote:Hi dear folks,

I possess a K75S with ABS , I like the bike a lot , a real users bike , don't need much care , only the usual maintenance . A real workhorse , and I mean it literally , you have to take it by the horns and throw it into each and every corner , but once in it just keep hanging on... Yeah ! The only dislike I have with this bike is , I miss a sixth gear , and those tiny vibe on the bar coming from the engine , almost not noticeable not annoying , but after a long ride your fingers will tingling . OK now we started , it lacks some power , but that "sound" of the triple cylinders , especially in the red rev zone... . So now I'm looking at the R1100S , I like the looks of it a lot , it's like a piece of art , the lines created with a single brush... beautiful . But thus it drives as it looks , is it really that a amazing all rounder , I read a lot of good things about it but also the opposite . Still haven't the time and chance to test drive it , but my heart already bought her . A doubter who's need some convincing... . Thanks

I might be persuaded to sell you mine, where you live?

ssnam

Postby ssnam » Wed May 17, 2017 5:52 am

Hi Stevesilver,

Thanks for the great story. And I see you have the bcr variant. Nice bike, especially they come with the yellow spring/shock assembly right? I personally looking for the special or is it limited editions!? It only came in black or silver, but the main thing is, it's also equipped with the yellow spring/shock. I like more being undercover. I think I have to look very hard. But if it don't work out I will buy a regular and fit it with good second hand öhlins shockers. Still not cheap, a used exemplar. Anyway back hunting before the summer is over... or I 've to find one with heated grips :)

Abundant happy and save miles everyone...

ssnam

Postby ssnam » Wed May 17, 2017 6:07 am

stevesilver wrote:I too fell under the spell of the 1100s. I first saw one in 2004 racing at the Boxer cup series at the moto GP @ Donnington park. Beautiful bike but far too expensive for me.
I had a blade at the time, which was bloody fantastic, so fast, chuck it in corners at any speed and it laffs at you. I'm sure I heard it once saying "is that all yer got"?
As time went by I'd forgotten about the R1100S having dismissed it as a pricy BMW.

In 2012 I was getting cramp every time I rode the blade, so decided a more upright bike was needed.
Had always fancied a GSX1400 but they were a little out of my price range.
2nd choice was a ZRX1200R in green of course. Found a clean example near me and had a test ride and bought it.
It was a great bike sounded the nuts with a yoshi can and so fast, in all the years I had it I didnt red line it once. The problem with it was for me I'd shit myself every time I'd come to a corner. Had no confidence in its handling at all and sold it in late 2015

Needed a bike to replace it. The bike needed to be sporty but comfortable, dunno what made me look at the 11s again, but I did. Was amazed to see them in my budget.

The only problem i had was I couldn't get anyone to give me a test ride. the dealers wouldn't let me unless I was going to actually buy it.

Had a guy on here saying that if I was used to jap multi's i would find it like a slug and be disappointed.

Anyhow to get to the point, i really wanted a boxer cup, couldn't afford one, next choice was the colour I bought grey/yellow.As they are not that common I spent the entire winter looking for one that had been looked after and the right colour.
Ended up driving to Devon to get one. Long way from SE London.

Bike was so clean I ended up buying it without riding it first(can't believe i did that) Chucked it in the van and drove home.

Thought if I didn't like it Id just sell it again... although I was so smitten by then it would have to be pretty shit to shatter that illusion.

So, what's like?

Its the best bike I've had, comfy, yet sporty, goes round corners like me blade, fantastic brakes, and although its nowhere near as quick as the 1000cc 4 pot jap bikes, its plenty quick enough in the real world. Its a joy to go out on and after the Zrx I can now keep up with me mates :D

No cramp, puts a huge smile on my face every time I'm on it. Haven't done nearly enough miles on it but am going to the Moto GP at assen next month, so that should put a few on it.

Summing up, get one, you wont be disappointed, fantastic bike, not the quickest but certainly the best bike I owned.

Thanks Stevesilver, I don't figure out yet how to reply targeted...

ssnam

Postby ssnam » Wed May 17, 2017 6:30 am

Britisherspy wrote:

Hi Britisherspy,

Tell me more about the bike..., Thanks

fontana

Postby fontana » Wed May 17, 2017 8:43 am

Great bike the K75S, and like the other bricks, getting harder to find in good condition due to their popularity with the bearded coffee fancying café racer butchers.
One to keep hold of, no matter what else you get.

Britisherspy

Postby Britisherspy » Wed May 17, 2017 10:00 pm

ssnam wrote:
Britisherspy wrote:

Hi Britisherspy,

Tell me more about the bike..., Thanks

I've sent you a pm but here's a couple pictures. Bike originally belonged to skiddy boxers a member on here so you can trust it.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (106.84 KiB) Viewed 9670 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (202.29 KiB) Viewed 9670 times

Return to “New Trixters?”